deja vu...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my son to lunch last week at a Wagamama, it was packed being half term and we were squashed in amongst lots of other people. I did his injection descreetly and said to J that no one had seen and and his reply was " Do you know what Mum, even if they had seen I wouldn't care anyway, it's none of their business"........sums it all up really.

I took my son to lunch last week at a Wagamama, it was packed being half term and we were squashed in amongst lots of other people. I did his injection descreetly and said to J that no one had seen and and his reply was " Do you know what Mum, even if they had seen I wouldn't care anyway, it's none of their business"........sums it all up really.

How brilliant! It's not something he should be ashamed of. I think there are some very brave and wise children out there - J included! Well said J!🙂

Do they really think drug addicts would use the bright and colourful 'pens' that most of us use.

If we were still using the old school hypodermic syringes with the bright orange caps then fair enough there might be cause for confusion, but come on people.

This makes these people doubley ignorant - firstly it shows how little they know about diabetes and secondly how little they know about drug addicts! 😉

NiVZ

Do they really think that drug addicts inject at the table in a restaurant :confused:

Do they really think drug addicts would use the bright and colourful 'pens' that most of us use.

If we were still using the old school hypodermic syringes with the bright orange caps then fair enough there might be cause for confusion, but come on people.

This makes these people doubley ignorant - firstly it shows how little they know about diabetes and secondly how little they know about drug addicts! 😉

NiVZ

it really just goes to show how ignorant people are over the whole thing. I get very very annoyed when its said to me that I'm a drug addict, particularly as i have never used those hypodermic syringes and I dont think a heroine addict would inject using a bright blue novopen! There are so many ignorant people out there who really need to educate themselves. Though I must say it is rather funny if you turn tound to them and say 'yes, because injecting this 'drug' keeps me alive you see, whereas if it actually was heroine, I'd probably be dead on the floor. So keep your cake hole SHUT!'

:D

Plus the fact that we inject into our fat and usually into our stomachs. Have none of them seen the film 'Trainspotting' (or any other film or TV program with scenes of drug taking nature)

Never mind, with the current (worrying) trend of the progression of the diabetes epidemic these ignorant people will soon find themselves in the minority by not having diabetes.

NiVZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back