Dark Underbelly of Metformin - A Saga...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I feel your pain, and yes, I felt like a social pariah, when I had to go into the office, or out, I just didn't take the metformin.
I told my doctor, and they put me on a slightly different type of metformin, which has made a difference- but I have also been put on another medication ( for something else) that causes constipation, so I ended up with a plug, and then a flood after it!
I'm not sure which is worse. But I hope you get some help.

@Lego3 thanks for sharing your pain, you are brave as it's very easy to just suffer in silence all British stiff upper lip and bury your real feelings deep down in dark place because there are many unpleasant aspects to diabetes and medication offered by GP's, and still many people post here as though Metformin is like taking Smarties such is the level of stigma and taboo and self-censorship and "I'm fine"...

Personally I have had it (officially) with lifetime of being shamed for being my self so I do have different perspective and the same tired old rules need not apply, who says I can't bring humour to shine down upon the shade of this condition and live my fullest life despite the obvious flaws and problems! Glitter spray your adult diapers and feel no shame with mesh-wear clothing and revel in other people's discomfort as you enjoy your self going out dancing letting it all hang out, big deal, who cares, not going to "Hell" I never believed in, and you only live once #YOLO!

Doc's prescribed me something that sounds like cross between qualudes and peptides which reportedly can flush 10 grams of glucose out of your body via your kidneys and private doll parts every day and therefore assists with weight loss and still no news about being prescribed via NHS the holy grail of diabetes drugs Mounjaro (LeTigre-peptide), so still taking high dose of prolonged release Metformin, quitting my addiction to probiotic healthy gut foods like prunes pickles and Activia yoghurts (thanks Jamie Lee Curtis!) and rocking out to Pat Benatar's classic "Heartbreaker", apologies if you are eating or enjoy sprouts or beans or green foods umm-hmm...

She's back and the saga continues with Miss Sherry Vine's cover you never knew you needed to hear inspired by Metformin and adult diapers, here's "Fartbreaker" 😉

Last edited:
Update on Empagfliflozin - GP prescription delayed at pharmacists so another week of 2000 mg of Metformin as my big goal is still lowering my blood glucose, so buying more laundry detergent and planning any errands or outings very carefully around access to toilets (department stores, cafes, bookshops, whatever!), and many more problems around accessing NHS healthcare and treatment, such as my GP discussing my case with consultant without my input, and pursuing my NHS complaint and more...

Sometimes I wish I were Toni Braxton's Personal Shopper, so inspired by "Unbreak My Heart" those dirty gassy drag queens fresh off the RuPaul Charles conveyor belt keep unleashing their degenerate filth upon an unsuspecting public, I mean pottymouth ballads about poop, whatever next, reading children's stories about diversity and acceptance to children in public libraries? Ban this filth, clutch my pearls, this one calls herself Willam apparently, disgraceful behaviour... * keeps watching on repeat *

Update on Empagfliflozin - GP prescription delayed at pharmacists so another week of 2000 mg of Metformin as my big goal is still lowering my blood glucose, so buying more laundry detergent and planning any errands or outings very carefully around access to toilets (department stores, cafes, bookshops, whatever!), and many more problems around accessing NHS healthcare and treatment, such as my GP discussing my case with consultant without my input, and pursuing my NHS complaint and more...

Sometimes I wish I were Toni Braxton's Personal Shopper, so inspired by "Unbreak My Heart" those dirty gassy drag queens fresh off the RuPaul Charles conveyor belt keep unleashing their degenerate filth upon an unsuspecting public, I mean pottymouth ballads about poop, whatever next, reading children's stories about diversity and acceptance to children in public libraries? Ban this filth, clutch my pearls, this one calls herself Willam apparently, disgraceful behaviour... * keeps watching on repeat *
You may find you could stop or reduce your dose of metformin whilst you are waiting for the other medication as it can stay in your system for 4 days. That would allow your body to recover a bit before starting on something new.

Thanks, I'm drinking at least two litres of filtered water every day and taking Empagflozin to see if side effects are more manageable, maybe I was dehydrated as the "dry mouth" sensation has been there since first day of taking Metformin last year, and not trying to put anyone off meds, just really tired of being shamed or othered for voicing my experiences, and none of the Pharmaceutical meds are "an exact science" either 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back