Daily patterns - libre - user comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new 30 day daily pattern that is as close to a straight line in the middle of range as I could hope for.....
Really finding the alarms on Libre 2 are helping me enormously. I think it is only fair that I acknowledge that as I had significant reservations and reluctance to change from Libre 1.... until I was forced to upgrade, due to the discontinuation. I was really sceptical about the alarms and thought I would need to disable them overnight due to false alarms waking me up, but I haven't had a single one..... it really has been a huge benefit and I am very happy to admit I was wrong about them.
Still a lot more variation during the night than daytime but nothing too desperate.
View attachment 25296
What a gorgeous graph!! Well done!

Got a new 30 day daily pattern that is as close to a straight line in the middle of range as I could hope for.....
Really finding the alarms on Libre 2 are helping me enormously. I think it is only fair that I acknowledge that as I had significant reservations and reluctance to change from Libre 1.... until I was forced to upgrade, due to the discontinuation. I was really sceptical about the alarms and thought I would need to disable them overnight due to false alarms waking me up, but I haven't had a single one..... it really has been a huge benefit and I am very happy to admit I was wrong about them.
Still a lot more variation during the night than daytime but nothing too desperate.
View attachment 25296
Blimey... that is some good control!!

Blimey... that is some good control!!
Sadly my lovely long smooth sailing on tranquil BG waters came to an end last night and I am now in a turbulent patch, so rather pleased I saved that graph for posterity when I did. Maybe I jinxed myself. 🙄
It is the nature of the beast that there are good spells and bad spells and I have learned to accept that and keep my head down and plod on when it goes awry and it will eventually come right again. It is all part of the game though and I love a challenge.... so back to trying to pacify the beast and get him to play nicely again!

This is such a good thread. I'm also newly diagnosed at 32....what a nut ache!
Here's my last 30 days just so you more people who view this thread can see how we all go!

I have a question for those who are really active. Right now im on the 1x a day Deglugec but ive been told i can move to Levemir if i'd prefer but I actually enjoy eating more carbs to deal with exercise than changing a daily dose of slow acting insulin. Anybody on the Levermir offer some advice?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 15.18.18.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 15.18.18.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 9
Here's my last 30 days just so you more people who view this thread can see how we all go!

I have a question for those who are really active. Right now im on the 1x a day Deglugec but ive been told i can move to Levemir if i'd prefer but I actually enjoy eating more carbs to deal with exercise than changing a daily dose of slow acting insulin. Anybody on the Levermir offer some advice?
It’s probably a case of 'if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it' If Degludec (Tresiba) is working for you, and you can accommodate your exercise, then stay on it! I’m on twice a day Levemir mainly because I have much less need for insulin at night for some reason. My natural pattern seems to be for my blood glucose to drop during the first half of the night and rise from 4 am. (I’ll attach an average graph so you can see what I mean, mine is nothing like as straight a line as yours). I find that when I've exercised, I need even less insulin that night, but dealing with my actual blood glucose needs when I'm exercising, like you I tend to sort it with my carbs and short acting insulin, not with my basal insulin.
IMG_1890.jpeg

I am like Robin, that it is my overnight levels dropping which is the main problem with exercise for me and I need much less basal through the night anyway, so my split with Levemir is usually 22 in the morning but anywhere from 0-7 at night depending upon how many days I have exercised on the trot. 3 or more days of consistent exercise and I am down to zero Levemir evening dose and needing to start dropping my daytime dose too, otherwise I get nocturnal hypos. I still need the odd JB when I am exercising and that isn;'t a problem, but not being able to adjust my night time basal dose would be a major problem for me, which is why I love my Levemir.

If your overnight levels are pretty stable and you are happy taking carbs on board for exercise (or cutting bolus works if you get to the stage of starting to put too much weight on) then stick with what works for you and don't be pushed into a change without good cause. Sometimes I don't think clinicians understand how disruptive a change of insulin can be and it isn't always a simple "like for like" swap, so there should be a good reason to change..... not just.... "it might be a bit better". If you are happy with what you have now and it is working pretty well for you, stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back