Daily patterns - libre - user comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnexpectedDiagnosis

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Screenshot_20230317_083916.jpg
Simply curious what everyone else's daily patterns look like. I'm still in the honeymoon period and may need to reduce my rapid as I'm often fairly low

Currently on;

- toujeo - 22units
- nova rapid - 6 units

Share those screenshots

That is really excellent considering that you are so newly diagnosed and not carb counting by the look of it. I used to spike up to 15 nearly every day after breakfast at your stage.

It has taken me 4 years, but things are much better now....
IMG_20230317_110605486_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

1679055076614.png
This is mine after being off Insulin for 10 days and just taking Metformin, however, I was only on a very small dose of basal (Tresiba 4 units) for 6 weeks. Prior to that I was on Gliclazide and Metformin. I am concerned about the spikes and I will speak to the Diabetic Nurse about it when I have my appointment on Tuesday. I think am still in the honeymoon period.

That is really excellent considering that you are so newly diagnosed and not carb counting by the look of it. I used to spike up to 15 nearly every day after breakfast at your stage.

It has taken me 4 years, but things are much better now....
View attachment 24819
Yours looks very stable!! Well done. I guess I was just curious what others looks like tbh, yours looks pretty flat with. And no I'm not carb counting yet I'm waiting to go on the training course
View attachment 24821
This is mine after being off Insulin for 10 days and just taking Metformin, however, I was only on a very small dose of basal (Tresiba 4 units) for 6 weeks. Prior to that I was on Gliclazide and Metformin. I am concerned about the spikes and I will speak to the Diabetic Nurse about it when I have my appointment on Tuesday. I think am still in the honeymoon period.
I would ask them too but don't worry, you don't look like you're going much above 12 and it doesn't look like you reach those highs often.

Hopefully more share their results to give us an idea how typical spikes are

Actually I never look at mine, gave me a bit of perspective. So thanks for the nudge

Attachments

• D6C253BE-F748-49D8-84BE-DC43993A3587.png
    D6C253BE-F748-49D8-84BE-DC43993A3587.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 28
Here's my 30 days though its dexcom

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230317_204303_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20230317_204303_Samsung Notes.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 13
If we are doing 30 day graphs rather than just 7 days then this is mine.....
IMG_20230317_110630229[1203].jpg

I find it motivating to see how well some of you have this controlled....

This is my 30 day. @rebrascora was commenting somewhere else about my morning readings always being consistent, yes they are, but just look at the rest of the day! (OK, I don’t normally have quite so many peaks above the upper range, I had a cold this week and my readings went all over the place).
8F7C3D1A-8386-4BA1-8B98-A1D161C1AC3D.jpeg

I have software that spits out a 90-day summary showing an amalgamation of Dexcom readings and finger prick tests (corrections and calibrations). The dip this morning is due to my G7 going nuts at breakfast - I had to replace it and submit a request for a replacement.

Attachments

• 12398BFD-DE89-4FAE-8488-62D9C3D5BC0E.png
    12398BFD-DE89-4FAE-8488-62D9C3D5BC0E.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 8
This is my 30 day. @rebrascora was commenting somewhere else about my morning readings always being consistent, yes they are, but just look at the rest of the day! (OK, I don’t normally have quite so many peaks above the upper range, I had a cold this week and my readings went all over the place).
View attachment 24838
That consistency in your overnight levels is absolutely amazing though and if you have been ill that will cock things up during the day quite a lot. I do my best not to get ill :confused: as that really helps. 😉 Thankfully there are not many zoonotic illnesses between horses and people so I am pretty safe, plus my low carb way of eating helps stabilize things, although that 30 day period above covered mine and Ian's birthdays in Feb when there was some eating out and rather too much birthday cake involved. 🙄

Has anyone actually had a Libre sensor that lasts the full 14 days? I've had 3 and none lasted more than 10 days.

Has anyone actually had a Libre sensor that lasts the full 14 days? I've had 3 and none lasted more than 10 days.
I'm on dexcom now but all my libres lasted 14 days...was your problem with them stopping working, or falling off?

I can count on one hand the number that haven't lasted the full 14 days in nearly 3 years of use and usually it was because they started to come adrift. Since I started using an arm band to protect it and give it extra security and remind me which arm it is on when I am having a good scrub in the shower, I haven't had a problem at all, so I consider it has been a very worthwhile investment. The number of times I ping the elastic arm strap but the sensor is unharmed, makes me realise how much the sensor was exposed to challenges prior to using the arm band.

Like @rebrascora, when I was using Libre, very few did NOT last the full 2 weeks.
I only swapped to have a CGM that interacts with my pump. Apart from that, I was happy with Libre for about 3 years.
I have what I call"Limpet Skin" so once I got used to the sensor being there during my daily application of Libre's arch-nemesis (a bra), it never came off even though I had no strap or cover.

I’ve had several hundred last the full time with no issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back