COVID and Flu Boosters

My Surgery sent round an invitation electronically at the start of last week, and I’ve booked mine in for a few weeks time 🙂

Last edited:
I haven't had anything from my surgery but I've gone ahead and booked my flu jab with our local Boots anyway, as I always do. I've also been text'd by the NHS to say I qualify for the RSV jab and that I should expect an invitation from my surgery shortly.

Likewise.
But this is not the case for all surgeries so I don’t recommend everyone bombards their surgery with calls requesting jabs which they may not have scheduled yet.
I didn't get anything from my surgery, I just went on the NHS app and booked through them at my local pharmacy.

I’m sure I used to need an invitation too, but this time it let me book online, which gave a better choice of dates than my surgery normally has.

I haven't had anything from my surgery but I've gone ahead and booked my flu jab with our local Boots anyway, as I always do. I've also been text'd by the NHS to say I qualify for the RSV jab and that I should expect an invitation from my surgery shortly.
I've had notification of a drop-in flu jab clinic at my local surgery in early October, and that Covid jabs will also soon be made available. The RSV jab is a new one on me, but will also be available now I've just turned 76.

Booked Flu jab for a week on Saturday, GP's sent out an invite a couple of weeks ago.I haven't bothered with Covid boosters for a while now. Unless a very nasty variant turns up, I think I'll just accept Covid as a seasonal risk.

Er, this latest variety of Covid is quite different to the previous ones, some friends have had it - she was OK with it - her husband, a damn sight fitter than her generally hence he now automatically helps her with loads of things as a matter of course, had to be hospitalised for a week or so, to get over it.

Er, this latest variety of Covid is quite different to the previous ones, some friends have had it - she was OK with it - her husband, a damn sight fitter than her generally hence he now automatically helps her with loads of things as a matter of course, had to be hospitalised for a week or so, to get over it.
Thanks for the warning. I'll keep an eye on how it develops.

Regardless of whether this one is worse than others, it's still managing to kill ~100 a week in the UK, which (if that's an average over the year) is more than flu typically kills. I'll take vaccinations for both the flu and COVID as long as they're offering them. (And the 100 a week is presumably an undercount since we're barely testing: 1659 cases and 1465 hospitalised. I don't suppose the current variant is that much nastier. We've just decided to pretend it doesn't matter any more.)

I appreciate this question may not be necessary and is completely irrelevant for everyone else.
Sadly, my broken elbow is still not healed and I am returning for more surgery this week.
Nine days later, this will be followed by covid and flu jabs.

So, my question is
Does anyone know if there is any reason to avoid jabs in my broken arm?

The only issue I can think of is a risk of me flinching which could jar my arm but I am usually pretty good with jabs.

I appreciate this question may not be necessary and is completely irrelevant foe everyone else.
My broken elbow is still not healed and I am returning for more surgery this week.
This will be followed 9 days later by covid and flu jabs.

So, my question is
Does anyone know if there is any reason to avoid jabs in my broken arm?

The only issue I can think of is a risk of me flinching which could jar my arm but I am usually pretty good with jabs.
They may do it in the other arm, but it is so quick anyway.
I had mine when I was recovering from knee surgery, hobbled in on crutches.

They may do it in the other arm, but it is so quick anyway.
I had mine when I was recovering from knee surgery, hobbled in on crutches.
In the past they have been reluctant to do two jabs (covid and flu) in the same arm.
Plus, my preference is always my left arm because I am very right arm biased and the left one is broke.

Back