Covid-19 response

I'm not sure that's nearly enough. There wasn't a whole lot of testing in January-March 2020, remember, but clinically health workers were sure they were seeing something new. There weren't lots of calls of "Oh, this is just like that strange flu-like virus thing we saw a few months ago".
It's in the article I posted. However, it wasn't until the new pcr test came about that the pandemic moved into the public eye. The pandemic was largely as a result of new definitions. New definition of pandemic, new testing, definition of what a case was, what a positive test actually means (no, it didn't mean you had covid, unless there were symptoms to corroborate it), new definitions of herd immunity etc None of these had anything to do the virus of course, just the way it was all coordinated and heavily publicised etc.

Death isn't the only possible negative outcome of infection, and isn't the only thing we use vaccines to reduce.
I agree, but the relentless public message was always about saving lives. The bar graph shows how many were dying under the age of 40 in 2020 and put into the context of other everyday occurrences.

None of these had anything to do the virus of course, just the way it was all coordinated and heavily publicised etc.
Yeah, but if an infected population (a proportion of which are going to need hospital treatment to survive, even ignoring the proportion who die) is doubling every 3-4 days you're going to notice that pretty quickly regardless of testing.

Yeah, but if an infected population (a proportion of which are going to need hospital treatment to survive, even ignoring the proportion who die) is doubling every 3-4 days you're going to notice that pretty quickly regardless of testing.

The main difference this time was the vaccine companies took over all news, social media, censorship etc plus the government did their bit by banning doctors and nurses from speaking about their work during covid.

Last edited:
The main difference this time was the vaccine companies took over all news, social media, censorship etc
No they didn't. The vaccines got good publicity, but that's because they were effective and arrived unexpectedly early.
plus the government did their bit by banning doctors and nurses from speaking about their work during covid.
What do you imagine doctors and nurses wanted to say? I'm guessing it's primarily stories about how bad the situation really was and how they felt they needed much more support in doing their jobs. (The poor support continues, with a lack of understanding that FFP3 masks really ought to be the standard by now. And we shouldn't be deliberately throwing away vaccines; I'm sure most people won't take another dose, but they could be offered. And we really messed up with the vaccines for children, but I fear it's too late to fix that.)

No they didn't. The vaccines got good publicity, but that's because they were effective and arrived unexpectedly early.

What do you imagine doctors and nurses wanted to say? I'm guessing it's primarily stories about how bad the situation really was and how they felt they needed much more support in doing their jobs. (The poor support continues, with a lack of understanding that FFP3 masks really ought to be the standard by now. And we shouldn't be deliberately throwing away vaccines; I'm sure most people won't take another dose, but they could be offered. And we really messed up with the vaccines for children, but I fear it's too late to fix that.)
See thread Post in thread 'Covid-19 response' http://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/covid-19-response.105518/post-1309516

Moderna were monitoring 140 million websites for anything which they didn't like said about their products and had any such comments removed. Didn't make any difference if it was true, accurate or not, still got removed.

Do you know of any other companies that work with media, social media, governments and law enforcement that have peoples comments or accounts removed?

How do the public have informed consent if the the manufacturer remove all information and opinion that they don't like?

Last edited:
What do you imagine doctors and nurses wanted to say?
Well, as an example today, they would be banned from discussing studies like this one.

A study of humans suffering from Long Covid analysed their cellular DNA. Not only did 50% of the participants with long covid have vaccine specific spike protein for months following jab. The authors unexpectedly found genes uniquely specific to the Pfizer Covid vaccine in human blood cells. This finding proves that mRNA Covid vaccines permanently integrate into the DNA of some Covid-vaccinated people.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231227-080842_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20231227-080842_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 2
38 out of 80 Long Covid individuals showed DNA corresponding to the vaccine.
RESULTS: We identified the presence of the viral spike protein in one patient after infection clearance and negativity of COVID-19 test and the vaccine spike protein in two patients two months after the vaccination.​

RESULTS: We identified the presence of the viral spike protein in one patient after infection clearance and negativity of COVID-19 test and the vaccine spike protein in two patients two months after the vaccination.​
Yes, correct, it was both 50% of those with spike protein and almost 50% with vaccine DNA.

38 out of 80 Long Covid individuals showed DNA corresponding to the vaccine.

@Bruce Stephens

But what is your view on censorship and free expression of opinion?

Do you (should we all) want to be able to see and know about other views, opinions, studies, analysis, statistics, science? Because this openess clearly wasn't permitted during the pandemic.

What conclusion do you draw when freedom of expression and opinion is effectively banned enmasse?

Office for National Statistics respiratory death data for 2019 and 2020.

In 2019 there were 71,674 respiratory deaths.

In 2020 (year of the deadly severe acute respiratory syndrome cov 2) there were 63,131 respiratory deaths.

COVID-19 is not just a respiratory disease.
I agree, it was claimed throughout that for many; covid19 "disease" has no symptoms at all. This is simply not true of course, I have pointed this out before, because if you haven't had any covid symptoms then you've not had covid19, positve test or not).

Do you not think it odd that the number of respiratory deaths in 2020 (year of the deadly severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) were less than those from respiratory deaths in previous years (especially given it was claimed throughout that there was no known treatment for covid19 (when in reality there was, it was just ignored (salt rinse etc)?

Remember; the hospitals wards were almost empty (cos they scared everyone away and unlawfully chucked out the eldery), but intensive care units were fulll with respiratory illness (viral pnuemonia).

Do you not think it odd that the number of respiratory deaths in 2020 (year of the deadly severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) were less than those from respiratory deaths in previous years
I'd like to know whether your quoted numbers are actually what ONS said (or whether you've copied them from some source which has misinterpreted the statistics). I don't think it's impossible: through some of 2020 the population was rather cautious (sometimes enforced by law, of course) so international travel was much reduced, so flu more or less vanished and I presume other respiratory deaths were also dramatically reduced.
(when in reality there was, it was just ignored (salt rinse etc)?
Would that actually have made a significant difference? Remember the research involved (if I remember correctly) people nasal rinsing several times a day.

Would that actually have made a significant difference? Remember the research involved (if I remember correctly) people nasal rinsing several times a day.
It would have made the biggest difference (not only because many lives could of been saved) because the vaccines couldn't legally be rolled out under an emergency use only authorisation had there been any other reliable covid treatments.

Last edited:
In stark contrast to the televised excess death statistics (see attached) used to take the country into lockdowns and destroy the economy (which ultimately encouraged voluntary and involuntary jab uptake) the Irish government have made a new statement (see below) based on real population changes which were previously ignored.

"Adjusting mortality rates to take account of these changes has shown that Ireland did not record excess mortality during 2020-2022. In fact, Ireland had a lower than expected death rate.

Previous estimates of excess deaths during the pandemic did not take into account changes in population size and demographics.

Ireland’s total population increased by 8% between the 2016 and 2022 census while the number of people aged 65 and over increased by 22% during the same period. This is more than double the 10% increase in the EU 27 countries in the same time period".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240103-082712_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103-082712_Samsung Internet.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back