Couchsurfing with the Diabetes Fairy - back on the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well done Matt. Think DF needs a rest after that!

Glad to see her education is continuing, she's been sticking her meddlesome wand in where it's not wanted far too often this summer.

Good stuff Matt, please keep her busy 🙂

I feel a weight off my mind knowing she is strapped to a crossbar and not on the loose looking for projects.

Tried to keep her out of mischief and she was FIRMLY tied down with string (including several loops around her neck!!) I had to release her for the cafe though - I'm not completely callous. :D It was a bit of a pain as I then had to faff around re-attaching her. :D

Tried to keep her out of mischief and she was FIRMLY tied down with string (including several loops around her neck!!) I had to release her for the cafe though - I'm not completely callous. :D It was a bit of a pain as I then had to faff around re-attaching her. :D
I'm surprised there isn't a purpose-built Fairy harness - surely Froomey needs one when transporting the Asthma Fairy? 😉

I'm surprised there isn't a purpose-built Fairy harness - surely Froomey needs one when transporting the Asthma Fairy? 😉

Pinarello will have built a compartment within the frame tubing for him to keep it all aero. That's something else I can blame on the DF - being perched on the handlebars is not very aero and must have cost me loads of time on the ride. 😉:D

Doesn't she flap her wings to help with your propulsion?

Doesn't she flap her wings to help with your propulsion?

I didn't see her making much of an effort. :D I may have exaggerated slightly when I say she cost me 'loads of time' - the ride time was 8 hours 46 minutes. She may have added a minute or two to the total. :D

Cable ties might be quicker!

Cable ties might be quicker!

Re-usable cable ties would have been quicker but anyway she managed to hang on. I wouldn't be bothered if she fell off on the road I'd be more concerned if she fell in the wheel or chain and I fell off or even worse if she damaged my bike. (I'm all heart - where the DF is concerned). :D

She can come and stay with me for a little while ( not too long mind!) she can "help" me with my one million steps for Diabetes UK, it's the least she can do. I will take her to work with me, I work in an opticians, and she can see first hand why we have to have regular eye tests. I'll soon sort her out! 🙂

She can come and stay with me for a little while ( not too long mind!) she can "help" me with my one million steps for Diabetes UK, it's the least she can do. I will take her to work with me, I work in an opticians, and she can see first hand why we have to have regular eye tests. I'll soon sort her out! 🙂
Brilliant! Thanks eggyg! 🙂 She says she'll probably be most comfortable in your Summer House or penthouse, if that's OK - don't worry if you have to move out any less important guests... 😉 :D

Brilliant! Thanks eggyg! 🙂 She says she'll probably be most comfortable in your Summer House or penthouse, if that's OK - don't worry if you have to move out any less important guests... 😉 :D
I have a very nice coal bunker in my back garden. Usually inhabited by slugs and woodlice ( as well as coal) so she won't be lonely! 🙂

I have a very nice coal bunker in my back garden. Usually inhabited by slugs and woodlice ( as well as coal) so she won't be lonely! 🙂
Ah, I'll let her find out when she gets there, in that case... 😱 :D

I, for one, am glad you tied her to the handle bars LOL. Hopefully you'll wear her out so much she can't meddle in all our lives! Keep it up :D:D

Now, I wonder where I’ll end up next? Although I really enjoyed myself at Matt’s I’m hoping next it will be just a little bit more relaxing! DF xx

Perhaps she should come to visit me next and find out just how "relaxing" it is having ME (when you're not supposed to exercise) as well as diabetes 😉

Though as I'd probably be allergic to her I might have to keep her in a plastic bag. She wouldn't suffocate, would she? :D

Reactions: Ljc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back