Constipation from Medication

Hot drinks generally help. An old friend I knew (many years ago) became paraplegic following an attack by some yobs late at night. His carer always popped him onto the loo in the morning with a hot drink, usually coffee, which worked a dream apparently.

Coffee makes me wee but I've not noticed any effects on bowel movement.

Milled flax seeds have 31g fibre and 2g carbs according to tesco https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/302677255
reading the comments you can sprinkle on salads, yogurt, cereals, oats. Someone found a recipe for low carb crackers made using it.
Oh, forgot to mention, higher in total fat, so it depends on your current dietary aims

Last edited:
Had a nice chat with pharmacist

He said a good number of his patients on semaglutide get problems with constipation , the opposite of metformin where loose and runny bowels are the main problem

Having taken both I feel far worse not being able to go so I am going to start taking fybogel every day for 2 weeks and if things don't improve I am going to have to switch back to metformin

I have some lactulose left over from when I was in hospital for another issue but he said don't take it with fybogel

Back