Concerns about my new meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success I got the old the strips back repeat. I did ask them if they could also presribe another wavesense jazz meter but don't know if it's possible for a gp to write a prescription for actually.

I have now noticed the test strips port being a bit temperamental which may well be my flaut but think I can manage for now.
If you have a meter and it’s temperamental call the manufacturer and ask for a replacement, see if they can send a spare as well (worth asking). You can then use the new meter as your main one.

If you have a meter and it’s temperamental call the manufacturer and ask for a replacement, see if they can send a spare as well (worth asking). You can then use the new meter as your main one.
Yeah you're right it's worth asking about I wasn't sure there be up for if it's potentially down to something I've done but I guess the worst they could say is no and won't know until I ask.((it's just the test strip port but just need to find the right position and pressure to get to it communicate at times)

Yeah you're right it's worth asking about I wasn't sure there be up for if it's potentially down to something I've done but I guess the worst they could say is no and won't know until I ask.((it's just the test strip port but just need to find the right position and pressure to get to it communicate at times)
Clearly if it is doing that then I wouldn't trust it at all as it is faulty and likely to have erratic behaviour.

Clearly if it is doing that then I wouldn't trust it at all as it is faulty and likely to have erratic behaviour.
No no this is my meter that's inline with dexcom (I didn't notice before I put in the request ti get the strips back and it's still inline with dexcom). Sorry if if I seemed unclear)

Interestingly the gluco rx meter was inline with dexcom when dexcom was showing was I in range but offen wasn't when dexcom showed I was out of range.

Taking this in a slightly different direction is that these meters are going to be given out to new dianoisged diabetics in my area and if it's actually true that it can be unrealibe at times that's kind of worrying.

I think this is now a pretty unnecessary distraction from your original posting. Whatever a local authority or Integrated Care Board might be doing to make economies is totally out of your control. Even if the consequences turned out to be bad, you still have no say or influence in this matter. I suggest you take satisfaction from documenting a concern and now firmly move on.

I think this is now a pretty unnecessary distraction from your original posting. Whatever a local authority or Integrated Care Board might be doing to make economies is totally out of your control. Even if the consequences turned out to be bad, you still have no say or influence in this matter. I suggest you take satisfaction from documenting a concern and now firmly move on.
Yes I wasn't saying I could do anything about it it was just a simple mettion ot thinking "that's not really a great thing is it" concern as in i don't agree with as output have adverse effects. Aslo I don't how much you seem but my original situation has been solved now I got the old meter and strips put back on repeats 🙂 I wouldn't have drifted otherwise 🙂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back