Christmas Food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bloke I worked with - Wooller born and bred so hardly Yorkshire - liked cheese with his Xmas cake, but there again he also reckoned you should grind black pepper on strawberries ......
Oh yes, my father did that as well.

Looking through those food combinations, it is hardly surprising that diabetes and obesity is on the increase. 😱
That said, there can't be many combinations more calorie dense than Christmas cake and cheese but at least it is limited by it seasonality.
people that eat them might not eat them all the the time.

My daughters used to dread staying at their Grandparents for too long after Christmas as there was the inevitable 'boiled up bits' which they hated. It was a sort of soup cum stew of all the left overs which was cooked up on the Rayburn

Mango + fetta cheese. Yum!

you''ll be suppressed what can go with. its goes with other sweet too) dont knock it until you tried it.

Quite agree, in interest of science will try it on new years day, still have some Christmas cake slices left & nice bit of Stilton in fridge.

A bloke I worked with - Wooller born and bred so hardly Yorkshire - liked cheese with his Xmas cake, but there again he also reckoned you should grind black pepper on strawberries ......
Hi , Strawberries with a very very very small amount of black pepper are superb.( Much sweeter )

Quite agree, in interest of science will try it on new years day, still have some Christmas cake slices left & nice bit of Stilton in fridge.
well? did you?😉

Being a T2 all those spuds, stuffing balls and Yorkies would throw me up into big double figures

With actual Christmas cake? Icing and all that??? Where in the world are you?
Ive been a really good cook for decades and this years Christmas cake was the tops. I tried Going on strike Christmas 21’ got lot of ag from family ‍ I cut down on the marzipan and icing, changed SR flour to almond flour, put in sugar substitute but, you can’t sub the whisky glass of cherry brandy in the dried fruit or the dried fruit - yet🙂 Yeah I I did eat it, thin slices at lunch time didn’t shove my numbers up But, I fell off the wagon due to the ole man who’s a pain in the proverb, typical of his astrology sign, lives to eat, so he was the devil incarnate and I succumbed, so now having to get back on the wagon so to speak. I’m a carb controlled with empagliflozin T2D

Ive been a really good cook for decades and this years Christmas cake was the tops. I tried Going on strike Christmas 21’ got lot of ag from family ‍ I cut down on the marzipan and icing, changed SR flour to almond flour, put in sugar substitute but, you can’t sub the whisky glass of cherry brandy in the dried fruit or the dried fruit - yet🙂 Yeah I I did eat it, thin slices at lunch time didn’t shove my numbers up But, I fell off the wagon due to the ole man who’s a pain in the proverb, typical of his astrology sign, lives to eat, so he was the devil incarnate and I succumbed, so now having to get back on the wagon so to speak. I’m a carb controlled with empagliflozin T2D
I thought I’d ironed out my Christmas cake craving! You’ve just started it again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back