cholesterol ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.
And never go for a blood test after drinking a tanker of gin during lockdown.
No driving, no social responsibility, afternoons in the hot tub, ........
you sound like you are talking from experience :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have discovered I dont like Kale, it was so slimy and stringy, I ate it like medicine..waste of calories, but its done now

I wanted to.
The GP took me off it years ago.
Was that to go to different medication or did you not need it any more? I don’t want to sound personal but I am just thinking ahead and wondering if once I am medicated I have any chance of getting off it.

Was that to go to different medication or did you not need it any more? I don’t want to sound personal but I am just thinking ahead and wondering if once I am medicated I have any chance of getting off it.

I was diagnosed as type 2, and happily sucked up any medication prescribed.
My goal was reducing my BG and any possible complications.
I was massively fat and seriously overweight.

I worked with a very good NHS dietician, and I was brutally honest.
So I did a year on a low fat diet, we modified it based on my BG, I was prescribed a meter and strips.
After that I finished it off on the Newcastle shake based 800 calorie diet.
I reversed my diabetes.
I now keep my weight down, I've lost the taste for sugar, so the family pack of donuts are gone, I eat a fairly low fat Mediterranean style diet, and check the mirror and scales.
So, yes, take the meds, control diabetes any way you can, it's not a badge of shame, it's just the first step in beating it to me.
Drop them later if you can.
If you can't, again, that doesn't matter.

(Oh, and be personal)

I was diagnosed as type 2, and happily sucked up any medication prescribed.
My goal was reducing my BG and any possible complications.
I was massively fat and seriously overweight.

I worked with a very good NHS dietician, and I was brutally honest.
So I did a year on a low fat diet, we modified it based on my BG, I was prescribed a meter and strips.
After that I finished it off on the Newcastle shake based 800 calorie diet.
I reversed my diabetes.
I now keep my weight down, I've lost the taste for sugar, so the family pack of donuts are gone, I eat a fairly low fat Mediterranean style diet, and check the mirror and scales.
So, yes, take the meds, control diabetes any way you can, it's not a badge of shame, it's just the first step in beating it to me.
Drop them later if you can.
If you can't, again, that doesn't matter.

(Oh, and be personal)
Thankyou. I think much of mine is genetic. I am 5’6” 60 kg , exercise and eat pretty healthily. I do like a drink but other than cutting alcohol I’m a little lost as to what to do.

The HB1ac was not fasting and historically although it had edged to 7 from 5.6 over 18 years the last test was a shock at 8.2.
Your HbA1C has increased to putting you well into the diabetes zone so your body is no longer able to cope with the amount of carbohydrates you are having. You may think you are having a 'healthy' but some of the foods that are considered healthy are not so if you are diabetic.
I think you should be more concerned about your high blood glucose for now rather that worry about your cholesterol as many find by reducing carbohydrates their cholesterol improves anyway.
Have a look at this link as there will be lots you can do to improve your diet and reduce your HbA1C without medication. https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/
By following the principals suggested, I reduced by HbA1C from 50mmol/mol to 36mmol/mol without any medication.

Your HbA1C has increased to putting you well into the diabetes zone so your body is no longer able to cope with the amount of carbohydrates you are having. You may think you are having a 'healthy' but some of the foods that are considered healthy are not so if you are diabetic.
I think you should be more concerned about your high blood glucose for now rather that worry about your cholesterol as many find by reducing carbohydrates their cholesterol improves anyway.
Have a look at this link as there will be lots you can do to improve your diet and reduce your HbA1C without medication. https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/
By following the principals suggested, I reduced by HbA1C from 50mmol/mol to 36mmol/mol without any medication.

Cholesterol will kill you faster.
Focus on everything , not just BG.
And there is absolutely no reason to be terrified of medicines.

my resting heart rate is 62BPM is that too low for 57

thats good to know, I do use google but the reports on there are conflicting. Apart from a walk to the shop in the rain, I have had a lazy day in my duvet 🙂 Not putting the heating on so want to keep cosy. I am wondering whether to indulge in watching Matt Hancock in the jungle at 9

pretty much perfect.
I try to triple mine in the gym, then bring it down to double for the rest of the time.
Just looking at the other times I have taken it, my average overal is 75bpm , the last week my heart rate (resting) was 62, 64, 57, 59, 56, 58. but after activity it was 129, 69, 73 and 162! I am hoping all of those readings are OK

Ab
thats good to know, I do use google but the reports on there are conflicting. Apart from a walk to the shop in the rain, I have had a lazy day in my duvet 🙂 Not putting the heating on so want to keep cosy. I am wondering whether to indulge in watching Matt Hancock in the jungle at 9
I heard he’s going to be ruled out of the trials due to an undisclosed medical condition. :confused:

Ab

I heard he’s going to be ruled out of the trials due to an undisclosed medical condition. :confused:
Oh really, is it conservitivits

Ab

whats the point of him going in there if we wont see him dangling upside down over the jaws of an alligator or feasting on kangaroo testicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back