• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Cgm -Sibionics

Just had an email to say these are now CE approved & will start shipping to the UK at the end of December. Pricing is higher than Libre 2 though at nearly £55 per sensor. No option I can immediately see for VAT free.

Just had an email to say these are now CE approved & will start shipping to the UK at the end of December. Pricing is higher than Libre 2 though at nearly £55 per sensor. No option I can immediately see for VAT free.

Have they got the apps out of development yet though?

No idea, I didn't look any further when I saw the price.
Yes, it's a tough sell if it's more expensive than Libre and Dexcom One. I wonder if the £55 is including VAT and that they'll eventually work out how to allow VAT reclaiming. Otherwise I can't really imagine what they're doing.

But even with the VAT removed it's around the same price as Libre 2.
It would be a bit cheaper, but not hugely so. If it works well enough I could imagine it being somewhat successful. Enough people have issues with reactions to adhesives that having choices is of value.

I did point out to them that their pricing wasn't competitive & there was no option to deduct VAT. A week later I've just received the reply, which ignores pricing & rambles on about co-ordinating with insurers. I think they've confused UK VAT exemption with USA style private healthcare insurance. so again, doesn't inspire confidence.

As a side issue, the iOS & Android apps remain outside of the respective app stores.

Have they got the apps out of development yet though?
Just received this:

Dear SIBIONICS family,
We are happy to announce that our SIBIONICS App is NOW officially launched on the App Store and Google Play to the European Union and the United Kingdom! You can download it directly without deleting the trial version to keep your data intact.

Great. I’ll give the sensors I have a go in that case now.

Back