• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Cgm -Sibionics

Last edited:
Five days after emailing them that I won't be using the product & asking for a return label, they finally responded today. They don't want it back but want me to pass it on. So if anyone on here wants the two sensors for the cost of postage, drop me a PM.

Still no response from the Facebook group.

Five days after emailing them that I won't be using the product & asking for a return label, they finally responded today. They don't want it back but want me to pass it on. So if anyone on here wants the two sensors for the cost of postage, drop me a PM.

Still no response from the Facebook group.
I’d be interested if they are still available…

Some more from Sibionics in response to my reasons for declining their product:

• We have indicate that we are still in the process of obtain the CE mark on the Free Trial web page when you signed up.
  • We just started building our official website so we opened up this Free Trial Event for people who are interested to give a try. Our official social media accounts have reviews of our products and other people's comments on our product.
  • For example, you can check out this YouTube video: [Same video as posted by @harbottle].
  • Since we are still working on launching our products, we have not yet decided on the price and shipments cost as we are still negotiating with logistics companies.
  • We have included you into our Facebook Group now. We are sorry they missed your request.
  • Our software is currently as beta version because it is in the process of launching to the iOS and Android App Store. Please rest assured, it is very safe to use. Our data management is compliant with the EU GDPR.

We have 350,000 users in China and are recommended by 1,600 hospitals and 12,000 doctors.
We kindly ask you to give our sensor a chance and try for its convenience to monitor your blood glucose.

Having checked out their Facebook page it contains promotional blurb from them together with a handful of posts from people asking where their sample is.

@harbottle
If you still want to proceed, PM me your address I'll get them sent on.

Just using one…
IMG_7314.png

Quite impressed so far. The app (running in testflight on an iPhone) is pretty good and seem reliable. (I showed it to someone who uses Libre for T1 and they commented that it looks better than the Libre app.)

Results compared to finger pricks are quite close after 3 days. The started out a bit lower, but now seem to be a little bit higher or roughly the same.

The installation mechanism is quite nice. Build quality is good. I review electronic devices and get a lot of free samples of stuff, but the manufacturer of these devices is clearly making a lot of effort with the packaging and instructions, which are well presented and clearly been done properly. Most of the stuff I get has poor instructions, no link to the manufacturer (It's basically generic stuff churned out by the same factory, perhaps with different components based on a cost point.)

What's more interesting is that I got to see what is going on when I go out and drink pints of beer and eat loads of crisps. A very, very slow rise up to around 7, but a quick drop back into the 5s a short period after the last beer/crisps. The walk home saw a massive drop into the 3s (Throwing alarms all the way!) but around 15 minutes later it was creeping back up to the 5s... which is why I ignored the idiotic advice from the diabetic nurse to eat sweets when it goes this low. I see similar falls when I just go for a brisk walk when sober.

Last edited:
Would you mind describing the app downloading (iOS) and registering process. Assume I’m a tech incompetent (lol, I’m not actually that bad). . I disagree with how clear the instructions are for this aspect of the trial. It doesn’t explain it’ll be some app with an unrelated name. It doesn’t explain it’s some sort of beta app It also asks for a redeem code that isn’t provided.

Because the apps haven't been approved, you can't download them from Apple/Google. To be honest, I wasn't even aware there was an iOS version. I'm assuming that the "Testflight" that @harbottle refers to is this. Not something I've ever used so if it's not obvious after downloading, you'll need his input.

Would you mind describing the app downloading (iOS) and registering process. Assume I’m a tech incompetent (lol, I’m not actually that bad). . I disagree with how clear the instructions are for this aspect of the trial. It doesn’t explain it’ll be some app with an unrelated name. It doesn’t explain it’s some sort of beta app It also asks for a redeem code that isn’t provided.

I used the QR code to get to the website, downloaded the iOS app which runs inside 'test flight' - this is a an application that lets you run apps that have yet to be approved for the app store. I have already used TestFlight in the past, so it just automatically worked...

I used the QR code to get to the website, downloaded the iOS app which runs inside 'test flight' - this is a an application that lets you run apps that have yet to be approved for the app store. I have already used TestFlight in the past, so it just automatically worked...
And the fact that test flight asks for a redeeming code?

And the fact that test flight asks for a redeeming code?

I don't think it asked me for one - I just downloaded it and it appeared in TestFlight. Once I ran it, it wanted me to register and then scan the QR code for the CGM device.

I don't think it asked me for one - I just downloaded it and it appeared in TestFlight. Once I ran it, it wanted me to register and then scan the QR code for the CGM device.
That’s odd. It‘s the other way round for me. Scanning the QR in the instructions leads me to TestFlight. Which asks for the code I don’t have and I don’t get anywhere near a Sibionics app to scan that QR, on the box. I can’t find any other point to start at.

what did you download first from where?

I’ve emailed Sibionics but their office is closed til the 6th.

Because the apps haven't been approved, you can't download them from Apple/Google. To be honest, I wasn't even aware there was an iOS version. I'm assuming that the "Testflight" that @harbottle refers to is this. Not something I've ever used so if it's not obvious after downloading, you'll need his input.
Hi there - Is the trial for this still open to new folks?

Doesn't look like it. You could try signing up & see what happens.

Thanks.

There is no option to sign up that I can find, only subscribe for discounts, offers and news. I assume there'll be more "news" than offers and discounts.

Never mind. You snooze, you lose.

Back