Carbs how long do they take to affect neuropathy

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take for carbs to affect neurology in your feet

It’s not the carbs, it’s the high blood sugar that does it. A friend has some mild neuropathy in their feet and says high blood sugar causes stabbing pains.

If you can reduce the carbs in your diet to keep your blood sugar in range that may help your neuropathy.

It’s not the carbs, it’s the high blood sugar that does it. A friend has some mild neuropathy in their feet and says high blood sugar causes stabbing pains.

If you can reduce the carbs in your diet to keep your blood sugar in range that may help your neuropathy.

Hi when you say keep it within range. What is the range ? Is it a personal range for each person or must it be a national set range. As I have bever been below 7.4 i am newly diagnosed type 2 i do not want to take metformin so am cutting down carbs.

Hi when you say keep it within range. What is the range ? Is it a personal range for each person or must it be a national set range. As I have bever been below 7.4 i am newly diagnosed type 2 i do not want to take metformin so am cutting down carbs.
In range is taken as being 4-7mmol/l fasting and before meals and no more than 8-8.5mmol/l 2 hours post meal.

If you have type 2 diabetes

• before meals: 4 to 7mmol/l
  • two hours after meals: less than 8.5mmol/l

Usually between 8.9 to 9.5

That’s not too bad 🙂 Just ever so slightly above target. If it makes you feel better, people without diabetes occasionally go up to 10 after a big meal. Once you get into your new routine, you should find that gradually goes down.

Usually between 8.9 to 9.5
It would be a good idea to try to get it down a bit more. What sort of meals are you having as I wonder if they are more carbs than you think. Have you actually tried to estimate the carbs or each meal.

It would be a good idea to try to get it down a bit more. What sort of meals are you having as I wonder if they are more carbs than you think. Have you actually tried to estimate the carbs or each meal.
Well yesterday I had a spanish omelette with a very small salad at lunch. I had a chicken shish kebab with salad on it in evening No chips !! I had a bottle of wine and a satsuma and handful of walnuts plus a green tea and 3 teas and a coffee throughout day today I had a roast pork dinner lots of green veg only 3 small roast potatoes and gravy and a wholemeal pork roll in evening. Does eating late cause sugars to rise ??

3 small roast potatoes was probably too many for your body at the moment, and the wholemeal roll too.

3 small roast potatoes was probably too many for your body at the moment, and the wholemeal roll too.
Oh i thought you could have a few potatoes on low carb ? If i stick to 130 carbs a day surely a roll is ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back