Carb Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried splitting your long acting? Maye one in morning, one at night?

I haven't tried this but presumably this is something that the consultant might mention when I go in a couple of weeks. I will enquire about it anyway.

Hi Lesley..

Can I ask which long acting insulin you use... Nathan was on Levemir initially, at first it was given in one dose..Then in split doses..apparently this is the best approach when using Levemir..After his BG were still not level and very erratic he was changed on to Lantus.

Heidi
x🙂

Hi

We used to use Lantus as well. I am presuming that you do your one injection in the evening and it may well be running out by lunch time ish. I would imagine the post breakfast high is the 'normal' post breakfast spike which lots of people get. Your basal may not sort this out, this could be something that you quick acting should sort out. Maybe you need more. What ratios are you on for each meal?

Before you think about spliting the Lantus and some people do need to do this even with Lantus I personally would think about having the injection in the morning instead of night time and see what happens then. With my daughter we found that it worked better in the first 12 hours than in the second 12 hours so we wanted it working in the day time more than the night time as she was prone to hypos overnight.

Its worth a try but obviously speak to your team first. Don't let them palm you off with anything other than help.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back