Canagliflozin Dosage Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiver_123

Relationship to Diabetes
Carer/Partner
Has anyone had their Canagliflozin dosage increased? Please, can you tell me if you experienced any side effects from the increase?

Last week my father's Canagliflozin dosage increased from 100mg to 300mg - he's been a lot more tired than usual, confused etc. -

We're wondering if it is from the medication increase, so would be grateful to read about other people's experiences with the medication & dosage increases.

Many thanks!

Hi
I started on 100mg Canagliflozin 6 months ago. After 3 months the dosage was increased to 2x100gm tablets a day. I have experienced increased thirst so I now drink 6 pints fluid a day. As a result I pee a lot more too, which disturbs my night time sleep, but that is how Canagliflozin gets rid of the excess glucose. I am quite an active 71 year old but some days do find myself dozing off, particularly after eating. Both my non diabetic parents did too, so I put it down to my age!! My dosage has just been increased to 300gm from today so I will see how it goes.

Has anyone had their Canagliflozin dosage increased? Please, can you tell me if you experienced any side effects from the increase?

Last week my father's Canagliflozin dosage increased from 100mg to 300mg - he's been a lot more tired than usual, confused etc. -

We're wondering if it is from the medication increase, so would be grateful to read about other people's experiences with the medication & dosage increases.

Many thanks!
Is he making sure he drinks plenty as that is how the medication works to flush glucose out of the body and the recommendation is to drink 3 litres of liquid a day otherwise there is a risk or dehydration. Also I believe people are more susceptible to UTI s which can cause confusion in elderly people. He may well be tired if he is having to get up more frequently for loo visits in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back