Can I do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to sick the end of the strip in and watch it vacuum up the blood and when I see the 5 sec countdown take my finger away (literally a couple of seconds).
I get the odd fail when I kind of slip a little and it smears the blood drop and doesn't get enough but that's a me error not a meter error.
It is a fairly large meter, about the same length as my fastclix device.

I'm not saying it won't have any temp issues, all I can say is I haven't had any and have tested when out over the winter and my home thermostat is usually about 17-18 degrees.

I know from speaking to lucy that my meter can get a test in lower temps than the jazz does 🙂
I don't think I'll have quite much issue the wireless as it's easier to keep warm. I personally know someone that uses the meter and haven't heard of any issues maybe some people just have randomly better luck with meters. But I will do some research on those meters.

Interesting the the tee2 is up 5 degrees so that might be a good option.

your doctors might prescribe the strips for them. ask them, cant hurt.

your doctors might prescribe the strips for them. ask them, cant hurt.
i'll have to ask the hostpal for the machine the docotr told me they only have the wavesense jazz.

Thank you this will support my case as well as they given me currently a meter when they should have given me a cagordy b meter. I will reaserch those meters I already know the gulcoman areo 2k isn't for me. What I was given at diggous.
You might think this is a bit overkill but I have 4 different types of meter. I have a Glucomen Areo which my DSN gave to me while I waited for my diagnosis so that I wasn't having to self-fund my strips and lancets - which is what I was doing up until I was diagnosed with type 1. DSN then gave me an Areo 2K which I use purely for testing ketones. I also have an Accu-Chek Mobile which was my daily driver and also given to me by my DSN. In addition I have 2 Accu-Chek Instants, one I leave at work, and one is at my parent's. I self-fund the Accu-Chek Instant strips but get my lancets and Accu-Chek Mobile cassettes prescribed.

For the most part I would say the Accu-Chek mobile is the least finnicky to use and is the meter I use when I need to back up a dodgy Libre 2 reading, but you do have to be mindful that the cassette, once installed, does expire after 3 months, even if you have some tests remaining, although for someone who tests regularly like we have to, it's never going to be a problem.

At least with Accu-Chek Mobile you won't need to carry the meter and a separate pot of strips, it's all contained in the same unit. It also comes with an Accu-Chek Fastclix lancet which hold 6 needles in a drum, and is by far the best lancet I've used.

You might think this is a bit overkill but I have 4 different types of meter. I have a Glucomen Areo which my DSN gave to me while I waited for my diagnosis so that I wasn't having to self-fund my strips and lancets - which is what I was doing up until I was diagnosed with type 1. DSN then gave me an Areo 2K which I use purely for testing ketones. I also have an Accu-Chek Mobile which was my daily driver and also given to me by my DSN. In addition I have 2 Accu-Chek Instants, one I leave at work, and one is at my parent's. I self-fund the Accu-Chek Instant strips but get my lancets and Accu-Chek Mobile cassettes prescribed.

For the most part I would say the Accu-Chek mobile is the least finnicky to use and is the meter I use when I need to back up a dodgy Libre 2 reading, but you do have to be mindful that the cassette, once installed, does expire after 3 months, even if you have some tests remaining, although for someone who tests regularly like we have to, it's never going to be a problem.

At least with Accu-Chek Mobile you won't need to carry the meter and a separate pot of strips, it's all contained in the same unit. It also comes with an Accu-Chek Fastclix lancet which hold 6 needles in a drum, and is by far the best lancet I've used.
Yeah I started with areo 2k but it differently didn't sort me. I'm better off with the ones you bring the test strip to blood rather then other way I stil have the meters somewhere and u do have freestyle option which is now just my keytone meter was using as a bg checks as well before being switched to the wavesense jazz.

AccuChek are normally okay. This particular meter was terrible to use. Can't say how accurate it was, but I had more failed tests than ever with it. Went in the bin after 'words' with my doctor.
I've never used that particular meter, but I did have an Aviva Nano, and I still have a Mobile and Instant. I've found them all to be excellent and generally very reliable. I did have an issue with my Instant at Christmas on a night out, and couldn't get a result for love nor money due to the low temperature, so I had to cut my night short, and the Mobile is a little fussy about how accurately you place the blood, but generally they are very reliable and seem accurate, plus the Fastclix lancets are by far the best I've used - mind you, the only other lancets I've used are the Glucomen ones, which really aren't very good in my opinion.

Accacheck meters arnt on the list though.

hmm i actually found one with a ever slightly lower operating temperature 8 degrees(which keeping inside my pocket at lower temperate should do the trick) that does both bg and ketones(and i am better off with one that does both for reasons) but its unfortunately not on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back