Can I do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had diabetes for 14 years and honestly never used a meter as temperature sensitive as the wavesense jazz wireless. Keeping it very close to your body is the only way to get a reading out of the thing. It only works for me if it’s over at lease 16-17c, and so it often ends up down my bra, wrapped in my hands, or anywhere else I can stuff it to warm it up enough to use.

Only sticking with it because it’s so tiny it’s quite convenient to carry, and hopefully it will be soon warm enough that getting the meter up to temperature won’t be as difficult.
Thinking maybe I should make the wavesense wireless meter my main one well sorting this stuff out rather then my back up it might be easier to keep warm because of the shap

Thinking maybe I should make the wavesense wireless meter my main one well sorting this stuff out rather then my back up it might be easier to keep warm because of the shap
I got an error 4 temperature too cold error at 16.5 degrees inside yesterday ridiculous, it is easy to warm up at least because of how tiny it is though yes. Just put it in your hands and it warms it up

I got an error 4 temperature too cold error at 16.5 degrees inside yesterday ridiculous, it is easy to warm up at least because of how tiny it is though yes. Just put it in your hands and it warms it up
Sorry no I might my main meter I use at the moment is the other wave sense jazz meter(I do also have wavesense jazz wireless as well which I've kept as a back up but maybe i make it other way round it didn't seem to be much of a problem before though perherps because the weather was warmer). But it wasn't that much warmer)

But difgetnttyly insisting that my team change me.

Sorry no I might my main meter I use at the moment is the other wave sense jazz meter(I do also have wavesense jazz wireless as well which I've kept as a back up but maybe i make it other way round it didn't seem to be much of a problem before though perherps because the weather was warmer). But it wasn't that much warmer)
Sounds a good idea to swap as the wireless can fit in the palm of your hand so you can warm it up easily

Yes the whole reason I didn't want to make it my main one before was because of how small it was(easy to lose). Hopefully my team will list to me about the umsuraiblte of it and give me something else. They think it's more cost effective to them but it really isn't. Its fustetating.

Yeah, it might be cheaper per strip but it’s not cost effective when you live in the UK and any test under 17c gives you an error message

Yeah, it might be cheaper per strip but it’s not cost effective when you live in the UK and any test under 17c gives you an error message
Exactly what I plan to point out to them

Although the operating temperature does say it's 10 degrees. And when I first starting using the wavesense it didn't seem to be a problem inside. In fact I remember picking it up a wavesense from a doctors in an emergency one evening. Just to use for that even in November and that's was find so the issue does confuse me a bit.

The 10 degrees is the operating temperature of the test strips not the meter, as in it means don’t rely on the strips below 10c. The error 4 the meter gives is about the operating temperature of the meter itself, and the manual says test at room temperature of 20c for that.
Although the operating temperature does say it's 10 degrees. And when I first starting using the wavesense it didn't seem to be a problem inside. In fact I remember picking it up a wavesense from a doctors in an emergency one evening. Just to use for that even in November and that's was find so the issue does confuse me a bit.
e st

The 10 degrees is the operating temperature of the test strips not the meter, as in it means don’t rely on the strips below 10c. The error 4 the meter gives is about the operating temperature of the meter itself, and the manual says test at room temperature of 20c for that.

e st
It seems to sujust it's for the netter as well though. My freestyle optiin temperature spegiced am operating temperature was 10 degrees and only either hand problems with below. And once I started keeping in my inside pocket below that temperature that was find but didn't keep the strips I the same place. I can work below 10 degrees as wel
there. When I worked in the even up north a few weeks ago and took the wireless instead of the other one the only error 4 messae was one my walk home when it would have been below 10 degrees. But yes difaontt

How the hell do people manage if they live above the arctic circle or in Siberia, an ex colleague Type 1 was with the Antarctic survey for some months. It's hard to believe the monitors are so sensitive to low temperatures.

How the hell do people manage if they live above the arctic circle or in Siberia, an ex colleague Type 1 was with the Antarctic survey for some months. It's hard to believe the monitors are so sensitive to low temperatures.
There’s no way they’re successfully using a wavesense meter in the Antarctic, I can’t even use it in my southern england flat!

rayray what is your health board? maybe we can find a nhs document with a list of meters they support prescribing strips for to give you a little more ammunition to go in with.

rayray what is your health board? maybe we can find a nhs document with a list of meters they support prescribing strips for to give you a little more ammunition to go in with.
I live in derby I tried to find this before but couldn't find I up to date one.

I have the spirit tee2+ (doesn't do ketones). Not sure of operating temp but I never hit a temp error. app is a bit meh but its bluetooth to your phone. sometimes you have to fully close and reopen to get it to read from meter or show the new readings on your graphs.

Other ones I have no experience of x

I have the spirit tee2+ (doesn't do ketones). Not sure of operating temp but I never hit a temp error. app is a bit meh but its bluetooth to your phone. sometimes you have to fully close and reopen to get it to read from meter or show the new readings on your graphs.

Other ones I have no experience of x
Not botthrred about it cornevtiing my phone the wavesense jazz doesn't do keytones either so it means keeping track of too things(which I hit a bit of issue with it this) saying that I know one of the ones I desired not on the list doesn't do them either. Do you have do leave your figer to the test strip with tee2 or do torch the test strip to the blood simple.

I tend to sick the end of the strip in and watch it vacuum up the blood and when I see the 5 sec countdown take my finger away (literally a couple of seconds).
I get the odd fail when I kind of slip a little and it smears the blood drop and doesn't get enough but that's a me error not a meter error.
It is a fairly large meter, about the same length as my fastclix device.

I'm not saying it won't have any temp issues, all I can say is I haven't had any and have tested when out over the winter and my home thermostat is usually about 17-18 degrees.

I know from speaking to lucy that my meter can get a test in lower temps than the jazz does 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back