Brits are dying in their tens of thousands - and we don't really have any idea why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar upward trend continues in ill health.

More than 2m people are economically inactive – neither in work nor looking for work – because of ill health. This is an increase of 350,000 compared with pre-pandemic levels, and has dire consequences for the economy and the Government’s already-precarious finances.

Last edited:
I was away at a folk festival last week and found out that my ex husband is having hospital treatment, my local folk club organizer was rushed to hospital from where he was due to perform and the organizer of my favourite afternoon singing sessions announced his retirement due to ill health.
Every day there were sirens as ambulances came into town - I've never heard so many in the last 40 some years I've been going to the same festival.
This seems to be the new normal.

If we are talking stats. Having worked in government for over 20 years I can guarantee you stats say exactly what you want them to say. Classic example, number of unemployed people. I know some are more convincing than others but it's a deep dark hole once you get started.

Data from National Records of Scotland (NRS) showed there were 24,427 deaths registered between December 2022 and March 2023 - 11% more than the previous winter and the highest since 1989-90.

The article suggests that Scotland's ageing population might be part of the reason, and with the increase in the number of deaths from dementia (the single largest jump) that might easily be a factor.

The article suggests that Scotland's ageing population might be part of the reason, and with the increase in the number of deaths from dementia (the single largest jump) that might easily be a factor.
It also shows that deaths are/were even higher than in the past 30 years, which, includes the 2020 "once in a century" pandemic. So greater than during the pandemic too!

Hi Martin,

The graph here using data from the Department of Health Improvement and Disparities gives an indication of causes of the excess deaths.

Attachments

• Excess death causes.png
    Excess death causes.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 9
The number of young women unable to conceive naturally seems to have risen sharply with quite a few teenage girls not developing normally.
I went to pick up a prescription recently and it coincided with a fertility clinic because it is now an all day thing rather than half a dozen appointments after lunch. There were some really young girls there too, with their mothers.
I predict falling birth rates as in dropping off a cliff.
Call me suspicious, but as the increasing population has long been regarded as a serious problem, a conspiracy to reduce it would seem to be the logical reason for something underhand being tried out as a solution.

Nor drug misuse, despite Scotland repeatedly breaking its own records for drug-related deaths.
I think this is because these are excess, excess deaths. Beyond what is already expected as excess deaths on previous datum.

The number of young women unable to conceive naturally seems to have risen sharply with quite a few teenage girls not developing normally.
I went to pick up a prescription recently and it coincided with a fertility clinic because it is now an all day thing rather than half a dozen appointments after lunch. There were some really young girls there too, with their mothers.
I predict falling birth rates as in dropping off a cliff.
I agree, I saw this story recently which confirms a collapse of births, particulary in the developed countries.

In 2000 the world’s fertility rate was 2.7 births per woman, comfortably above the “replacement rate” of 2.1, at which a population is stable. Today it is 2.3 and falling. The largest 15 countries by GDP all have a fertility rate below the replacement rate.

I agree, I saw this story recently which confirms a collapse of births, particulary in the developed countries.
I'm not sure "collapse" is quite the right word. Feels more like a trend that's just continuing. So yes, global population will probably (towards the end of the century) start falling, and we're probably already past the time when there was the maximum number of children alive. And yes, that has really significant economic consequences, but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. (Lots of things might dramatically change that: global warming, for example.)

I'm not sure "collapse" is quite the right word. Feels more like a trend that's just continuing. So yes, global population will probably (towards the end of the century) start falling, and we're probably already past the time when there was the maximum number of children alive. And yes, that has really significant economic consequences, but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. (Lots of things might dramatically change that: global warming, for example.)
Another story this week uses similar terms for dramatic drop in birth rates across U.S.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...ica-fertility-fallen-disaster.html#:~:text=95 shares-,America's fertility crash laid bare%3A Interactive map shows how birth,a THIRD in some states&text=The plummeting fertility rates across,a DailyMail.com interactive map.

So yes, global population will probably (towards the end of the century) start falling, and we're probably already past the time when there was the maximum number of children alive. And yes, that has really significant economic consequences, but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. (Lots of things might dramatically change that: global warming, for example.)
it might have effects on the ever increasing need to make more and more money in the economy. However the planet really could do with the population decreasing. So many world issues are being created or made worse by overpopulation.

I think this is because these are excess, excess deaths. Beyond what is already expected as excess deaths on previous datum.
I haven’t checked the source document but the headline says “expected deaths” for 2020 not actual recorded ones. Is that an issue maybe?

as well as the theories around vaccinations there is a strangely silent epidemic of long term effects from the multi systemic virus covid is, including damage to hearts, increase in diabetes and who knows what else to consider. Those deaths likely won’t say covid on the certificate as it’s not in the immediate aftermath of the infection in most cases but you can bet it’s there in the background…..

Another story this week uses similar terms for dramatic drop in birth rates across U.S.
But looking at the graphs, it just doesn't scream crash to me. For example, births per US woman: looks like yes, it's declining, but I'm not sure the decline is steeper than it was in the late 19th century. It might mean more: falling from 4.5 to 4 is perhaps less important than 2.5 to 2.

Looks like a trend, and I could completely understand why governments might be worried and might want to think about ways to alter the trajectory. (Obvious ideas: our government could drop the stupid 2 child limit on all benefits and could make a serious attempt at providing more affordable child care. And build houses at a post-war rate rather than just slightly faster than happens now.)

But looking at the graphs, it just doesn't scream crash to me. For example, births per US woman: looks like yes, it's declining, but I'm not sure the decline is steeper than it was in the late 19th century. It might mean more: falling from 4.5 to 4 is perhaps less important than 2.5 to 2.

Looks like a trend, and I could completely understand why governments might be worried and might want to think about ways to alter the trajectory. (Obvious ideas: our government could drop the stupid 2 child limit on all benefits and could make a serious attempt at providing more affordable child care. And build houses at a post-war rate rather than just slightly faster than happens now.)
I suspect that a lot of the girls I saw at the clinic were too young to be thinking of marriage and that the real crash will not happen for some time. It is suspected that a fairly high percentage of people carry a gene which makes then susceptible to problems with a vaccine used for infections which are specific to women, but the vaccines were tested on men so it never became obvious until after the jab was declared safe and effective.

It is suspected that a fairly high percentage of people carry a gene which makes then susceptible to problems with a vaccine used for infections which are specific to women, but the vaccines were tested on men so it never became obvious until after the jab was declared safe and effective.
I've no idea what you're referring to. Is it a real thing or just something that the likes of the HART group might pretend is real?

There is a problem that there are obvious ethical difficulties in trialing interventions of all kinds on women who might become pregnant. That's why we only have observational data about the mRNA vaccines in pregnant women (I think, though it's possible some RCTs have now happened). And there are some daft omissions (that I hope will be corrected in the future): the mRNA vaccines cause changes (which seem short term and harmless) in some women's menstrual cycle, and researches hadn't though to ask about that during the trials; I think everyone involves thinks that was a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back