Breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, it's bread made with sesame oil and rice paste painted on top before it's cooked. The yummiest bread ever! And no, I wouldnt have that for breakfast :D It's bad enough eating that for lunch!

Sounds weird/different/good I'll look out for it!

OMG Tiger Bread is a real weakness for me! (Tesco's and Asda's is gorrrrgeous, Sainsbury's not so much..... )

My breakfast most days is porridge but as a True Sassenach 🙂p ) I like it made with sugar!! Or, these days, with Canderel. I know where 30g comes up to on a certain glass, then I have the same amount of skimmed milk, and twice that amount of water - 2 and a half mins in micro, stir, then another 30 - 40 secs et voila !! Other than that, Shreddies, Special K or Weetabix (although the Dietician warned me off Weetabix!).

I'd like to have toast more often, but as I usually have bread at lunchtime, I try to not have it too often.

xx

Porridge. Just spoken and it may be bubbling over because it goes in for 3 or so mins!!!

Anyway we chatted some more, and apparently if you soak your oats and milk over night it is quicker to cook in the morning? Anyone do this? Well ours (wife's) is in soaking now!

If I remember I'll report back!!😉

OMG Tiger Bread is a real weakness for me! (Tesco's and Asda's is gorrrrgeous, Sainsbury's not so much..... )

My breakfast most days is porridge but as a True Sassenach 🙂p ) I like it made with sugar!! Or, these days, with Canderel. I know where 30g comes up to on a certain glass, then I have the same amount of skimmed milk, and twice that amount of water - 2 and a half mins in micro, stir, then another 30 - 40 secs et voila !! Other than that, Shreddies, Special K or Weetabix (although the Dietician warned me off Weetabix!).

I'd like to have toast more often, but as I usually have bread at lunchtime, I try to not have it too often.

xx

asdas cheese bread stick is my weakness helen i got to get one and make it last now tho cant go pigging at it anymore 🙄

asdas cheese bread stick is my weakness helen i got to get one and make it last now tho cant go pigging at it anymore 🙄

I love those Sainsbury's cheese twists.

Breakfast.. can't get past the cereal thing yet and have just finished a box of weetabix yesterday. Tried Oatibix this morning - double yeuch!! 😱 What's everyones breakfast of choice?
As a non-insulin dependent Type 2 myself, I've found from testing that I can't eat either cereal or toast for breakfast without my blood glucose levels shooting into double figures.

These days, for me it's bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms - sometimes with egg - preferably grilled but sometimes fried.

I hardly ever eat cereals or bread most days.

As a non-insulin dependent Type 2 myself, I've found from testing that I can't eat either cereal or toast for breakfast without my blood glucose levels shooting into double figures.

These days, for me it's bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms - sometimes with egg - preferably grilled but sometimes fried.

I hardly ever eat cereals or bread most days.

I've promised myself that now that I have plenty of strips to play with (e-bay)
I'm going to do some extensive testing this weekend - fasting as usual, bedtime and one and two hour ones after eating, as per 'Jennifers Advice'

http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/joomla/jennifers-advice

I had scrambled eggs and toast this morning and it kept me going for hours without me being hungry again. I'll do the same tomorrow and test to see how it affects my readings..

Karina 🙂

I've promised myself that now that I have plenty of strips to play with (e-bay)
I'm going to do some extensive testing this weekend - fasting as usual, bedtime and one and two hour ones after eating, as per 'Jennifers Advice'

http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/joomla/jennifers-advice

I had scrambled eggs and toast this morning and it kept me going for hours without me being hungry again. I'll do the same tomorrow and test to see how it affects my readings..

Karina 🙂
That's the way Karina. You sound to be on the right track already!

In my opinion, the 'on rising' fasting level is very important because the consistency of that reading gives a good indication of how well you are doing overall. The one hour after finishing eating is important too because that gives you a good idea of the peak of any particular meal - if it's a good result then eat more like that and if it's bad then steer clear of it in future. You'll soon learn what is causing the high results.

Good luck with your improvement programme - John

...............For me, the ultimate breakfast is a Full English!🙂.................
A great choice Toby! What the carehome nurses that I know call "The diabetic's breakfast!".

Without toast of course! Unless the resident is 'hypo' and if they are then a slice of toast is just what they get to raise their blood glucose levels away from being too low!

John

Last edited:
yummy, i had a full english [vegetarian] breakfast this morning free at work! woo!

I've been having toast lately - seem to no longer want marmalade on it - and porridge (oatso simple) with a squirt of honey. I've tried soaking normal oats, but found I didn't have the patience at that time of the morning to fath about trying to get it cooked properly. It does taste better and fill you up better if 'real', but mornings are lazy for me and my levels are generally OK even though the oatso simple is higher GI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back