Breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
They keep bubbling over in our Mwave! But moved from those packets to just the box of oats, still tasty! Soon to be imporved with SnP

You need a bigger bowl! Or a min and a half instead of two.

Seeded wholemeal toast with a scraping of Bertolli Light spread for me or oats so simple - never micro for more than 1.5 minutes though. Weekend usually add boiled or poached egg to the toast (two slices) - justified by a long dog walk after!

Breakfast for me is low fat yoghurt (0.1% fat from Sainsburys) with dried apricots or berries as any form of starchy carbs at breakfast time seems to send me ridiculously high 😡 - would prefer porridge tho!

Yougurt, toast, wheetabix, frosties
What I really like though is bacon, sausages, beans, hash browns, fried bread, mushrooms :D

but today I had toasted pitta bread with butter

I add stir in a pinch of salt and a little fresh ground black pepper as I'm ready to eat it. I have the Plain Oat-So-Simple which comes in a packet so I don't have to measure it and maybe be tempted to add a little extra I shouldn't. 2 minutes in the microwave and it's done.

Cheaper option is to put some ordinary porridge in the blitzer. Comes out the as fine as readybrek and a fraction of the cost. I've got some measuring scoops so I don't need to weigh it in the morning. 150ml of milk and one min, stir and another min in the ding and voilla!

Last edited:
Cheers Rachel, I might move onto porridge 7 days a week then! might try the salt too haven't had salt in porridge since me ma made it probably!

Alison is it just a pinch a portion? at the end stir in or as you're warming it on the stove?

In my case, I put it in at the start, but I cheat and use the micro. 1 minute on full then just under 3 at 50% with ours (25g porridge and 125ml water) - and use a deepish bowl or it will boil over. (I know cause I have been there. 😱 )

I'm a disgrace to my nation I know, but I cannot stand porridge.. 😱
I do love weetabix, but even taking three of them I seem to be feeling hungry again in an hour or two. Saw on a GI site that oat based breakfasts have lower GI than wheat based ones hence the switch to Oatibix, boy did that turn around and bite me on my rather expansive rear end! Yeuch 😱

I've been down to the shops and bought some eggs.. scrambled eggs and toast anyone? Boiled eggs and toast soldiers? Dammit I'm hungry again..

Karina

LOL Karina, I have to admit the first time I tried porridge was this summer when I was on holiday in Chicago!!!! 😱 38 years old and that was my first taste and now I cant get enough of it... As for Oatibix double yeuch (but my hubby seems to like them). :D

Ah well now you see, I'm a true Scot. I have mine with a pinch of salt.:D

Alison, I should know this being a true Scot as well, but what does the salt do? Does it help define the flavour? :confused:

I find with porriadge i like it but only if made with milk and not water, i used to have a sachet every morning for about 3 weeks then it just got minotumous, I would have the lightest touch of syrup over the top not even enuff for the eye to see and it would make the diffirence. does anyone is marmite good for diabetics on toast??

Yeuch, can't stand marmite!

LOL Karina, I have to admit the first time I tried porridge was this summer when I was on holiday in Chicago!!!! 😱 38 years old and that was my first taste and now I cant get enough of it... As for Oatibix double yeuch (but my hubby seems to like them). :D

My hubby loves his porridge (made with salt, it's no good added at the end according to him) but I take one look at it and all I can think of is wallpaper paste which is similarly unappetising..

Your hubby is welcome to my Oatibix.. Eggy peggy for me in the morning methinks. 😉

Yougurt, toast, wheetabix, frosties
What I really like though is bacon, sausages, beans, hash browns, fried bread, mushrooms :D

but today I had toasted pitta bread with butter

oooer... bacon, sausage, fried or scrambled eggs and tattie scones.... I'm salivating like Pavlov's dog!!

atm im having shreddies. Mmmm. Its usually whatevers cheapest when we go to the supermarked though!

yeah marmite is fine steff. yum, i love marmite. Marmite and cheese on tiger bread, mmm!

tiger bread? Is that bread soaked in beer? For breaky???? Sounds good!

no, it's bread made with sesame oil and rice paste painted on top before it's cooked. The yummiest bread ever! And no, I wouldnt have that for breakfast :D It's bad enough eating that for lunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back