Brake pads. Sort of T1 related, in a weird way.

Are you a road cyclist? Please respect how other insulin users manage their T1 condition regarding this activity. I respect the experiences. Allow the same. I have my own experiences touring on an old Raleigh bike in my youth. Both for leisure & to get to work? It’s just good to just chat & appreciate perspectives from these guys.
Yes, I do road cycle but this is irrelevant how a hypo is achieved.
It is about maintaining hypo awareness but ensuring recovery is as fast as possible.

There is a difference between the immediate difficulty "forcing" sweet food down and the longer term impact of your body getting used to the lower BG increasing your lack of hypo awareness. You may feel better at the time but the reason for reducing recovery time is to maintain hypo awareness even if you feel ok at the time.
It's an interesting point, how long running hypo is actually going to cause the disappearance of warning signs? I'm doubtful that my being low for 15min longer than I otherwise would be by having eaten something suboptimal (rather than sitting by the side of the road until nausea abates) will have any noticeable effect on my hypo awareness, though I may be wrong.

I think we're at crossed purposes here @helli, I completely agree with what you're saying about treating hypos quickly (for both hypo awareness retention and just generally to avoid danger of a severe hypo/feeling rubbish afterwards/etc) and effectively (i.e. fast acting carbs followed by slower acting carbs) under normal condition. I think the confusion is that I was talking about Haribo being supplied by Wiggle and used generally as a cheap alternative to "cycling specific" energy gels, etc. and my original comment was to say that I don't like Haribo and prefer to eat normal food *earlier* so I don't need to eat sweet stuff at all if possible - i.e. so I don't go hypo. If going low after having ridden for say 8h, I generally don't want anything to eat at all, let alone something sweet. At this point eating anything with carbs in it is better than nothing, though for the avoidance of all doubt I also take Kendal mintcake with me, which I don't really like the flavour of, but in extremis if I really do feel terrible and am actually hypo, it's a thing that can be consumed without making me feel any worse and it pretty rapidly brings BG back up as it's ~97% sucrose.

Yes, I do road cycle but this is irrelevant how a hypo is achieved.
It is about maintaining hypo awareness but ensuring recovery is as fast as possible.
I don’t see a hypo as an achievement. Pick your language wisely. It’s how it’s avoided if to the point of hitting the hypo level. You also seem to take this topic off topic. I don’t roll with nefarious posters.

Last edited:
Wiggle were doing this for years with their bike/sports product/clothing/kit deliveries, perhaps other companies are following suit (but hopefully not all the way to going bust like Wiggle did)
Qwertee do it with their tshirts too, I think they always have

Is commenting on the use of this wonderful, under used word taking the topic off topic? :confused::rofl:

I hope you get haribo when you order a helicopter. :rofl:
"To a diabetic, nothing is ever off topic"

I don't think the word "nefarious" is used enough nowadays.
Absolutely. Unless you are a Despicable me/minions fan. :rofl::rofl:

Is that where it came from? I don't know Despicable Me or Minions, I'm afraid 😳
Dr Nefario is Gru's evil sidekick in the films. Gru's ambition is to be a supervillian. I am slightly obsessed by minions and own several figurines.

I get sweet treats quite often with motorcycle parts especially when ordered from Germany or Holland, I think its a continental "thank you" thing, whilst it raise a smile, I din't touch them, just hand them to my daughter who has a bigger smile on her face :D

Dr Nefario is Gru's evil sidekick in the films. Gru's ambition is to be a supervillian. I am slightly obsessed by minions and own several figurines.
What prevents Gru from becoming a supervillain?

What prevents Gru from becoming a supervillain?
He has a soft side he likes to keep hidden which thwarts his over ambitious plans. Also help (hindrance) from the minions, his easily distracted childish but well meaning followers. If you have a spare hour or two watch the first film. It's aimed at younger people but never fails to make me giggle.

I first saw this from a supplier of optical lab kit called Thorlabs about 10 years ago, checking now it turns out Thorlabs have been sending "lab snacks" with their orders since 2004.

He has a soft side he likes to keep hidden which thwarts his over ambitious plans. Also help (hindrance) from the minions, his easily distracted childish but well meaning followers. If you have a spare hour or two watch the first film. It's aimed at younger people but never fails to make me giggle.
It sounds like he needs some executive coaching - or careers advice 🙄

I’ve seen either the first or second movie. He’s kind of like the person going on Britains got talent who thinks they have? Delusional. Aspirations of “evil genius.” It was amusing. Recruits these yellow pill shaped things in goggles. I don’t normally watch animations. Wallace & gromet is an exception. Fair bit of reference to pop culture.

Back