Both ankles swelling and gaining weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks ladies. I have mine set at 4.5 and babara I’ve have had 3 low alarms this week but the libre graph doesn’t show this on the app although the red dots are there, but no line. Very strange. Anyway I take a jelly baby or a ferrero rocher and I’m fine. I’ve never really had any hypo issues dropping low, maybe just a little shaky.

I have mine set at 4.5 and babara I’ve have had 3 low alarms this week but the libre graph doesn’t show this on the app although the red dots are there, but no line.
I think if we're low for a short enough time it can be too short to really count (so you can be 100% in range for the day while still having had a hypo). I suspect the graph is just produced on the 4 times an hour values (even though the sensor reads every minute and if we scan we can get lots more readings). (It's also possible I'm overthinking this and actually the explanation is something else entirely.)

Thanks ladies. I have mine set at 4.5 and babara I’ve have had 3 low alarms this week but the libre graph doesn’t show this on the app although the red dots are there, but no line. Very strange. Anyway I take a jelly baby or a ferrero rocher and I’m fine. I’ve never really had any hypo issues dropping low, maybe just a little shaky.
If it was during the night and the red dots were well below the line, then likely they were compression lows and the algorithm in the Libre recognized that and smoothed the graph out without touching those points. Did you not double check those low readings with a finger prick before treating them and if so, what readings did you get?
I would also point out that Ferrero Rocher (or any chocolate) are not a good choice for hypo treatment because they contain too much fat which slows the absorption of the sugars.

If it was during the night and the red dots were well below the line, then likely they were compression lows and the algorithm in the Libre recognized that and smoothed the graph out without touching those points. Did you not double check those low readings with a finger prick before treating them and if so, what readings did you get?
I would also point out that Ferrero Rocher (or any chocolate) are not a good choice for hypo treatment because they contain too much fat which slows the absorption of the sugars.
No Barbara as it was silly o’clock in the morning so i didn’t. I took a jelly baby went back to sleep.

No Barbara as it was silly o’clock in the morning so i didn’t. I took a jelly baby went back to sleep.
Especially important to test with a fingerprick before treating hypos in the middle of the night, as that’s when you’re most likely to be lying on the sensor. Keep meter next to bed then you don’t need to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back