better with or without medication?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Big Blue test wasn't a scientific experiment Wally, it wasn't intended as that.(it was a sort of solidarity thing)
I should think that most had eaten within 2 hours as it was supposed to take place at 2pm local time. I just felt it illustrated how exercise can have a effect on levels.

Adrienne, I agree about exercising when too high as a type 1. I should do it was after a short bike ride that I ended up with DKA, and a diagnosis of type 1... rather than the type 2 I thought I had.

My understanding is that one should check for ketones if over 14mmol before exercise and exercise with care if negative, and not to exercise at all at over 17mmol.

Short duration high intensity anaerobic activity, whether with type 1 or 2 can also result in rises.(but still increases insulin sensitivity)

Wallycorker: in reply to your question about me and excercise and my BS levels, the reason i think that the walking is helping me keep the BS levels in check is because i have tested before i go for my walk, the afterwards, even with meals (ie before or after) and always find that they are lower but i have noticed that it is better if i say have my main meal in the evening, wait an hour then go for my 30 min walk then when 2 hours is up, test then and it's always a good reading. I will try and give some examples to you with readings when i next do it. I prefer to walk as it is more of a gentle form of excercise and it still gets me slightly out of breath so good for cardiovascular but i also have an excercise machine and one i did a vigorous 10 min work out on it and my levels actually went UP!! which shocked me so i don't tend to go it much but walking is definately for me, i enjoy it 🙂

Also, i forgot to mention, one week i didn't do any walking as it was one of those weeks where i just didn't have time to think and my BS levels had stuck and i don't put it down to the food as i hadn't really changed what i had been eating. At present i just feel that the excercise for me is definately helping me with my levels.

........At present i just feel that the excercise for me is definately helping me with my levels.......
Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not knocking doing exercise. Just don't think that it is anywhere near as effective as diet in controlling blood glucose. Keep doing it!

Best wishes - John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back