BBC 1 tonight has made me MAAAADDDDD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Well, i'm well an truly on my soapbox tonight on FB so thought i'd share here as well lol!!!

Number 1: Holby City tonight - patient says along the lines, "Look at all these chocolates and sweets let's make ourselves diabetic.."

Number 2: Spoilt Rotten tonight - apparently, diabetes is caused by parents causing children to be obese and is preventable.

Raaaaaaaaaaah!

:(

I've complained about Holby am now off to do the other... 🙂

Re the spoilt rotten i got the feeling when they advertised it all day on the news that they'd come out with that statement !!

I was shouting at the television when that line came on Spoilt Rotten.

Grrrrr!

HA!

Have just complained.

I've never complained to the BBC before.

I may do that again.

*goes to look for things to complain about*

i don't want to be controversial...but...some of these parents are coming out with some unbelievable stuff. it's not my fault his teeth are rotting and falling out...i only give him 4 or 5 lollies a day, it shuts him up!!

😱😱😱😱

The lollies...and the poor obese child whose mother constantly fed him....and the boy with hearing problems because his father smoked.

Fortunately I had to go to the railway station to collect the OH so missed the remainder of the programme.

Heartbreaking stuff.
And annoying when they got their facts wrong about diabetes.

Salmonpuff you do need to watch it. Astounding how ignorant (or stupid) some people can be.

Right, off to do a bg test. Fingers crossed that it'll be in range and I won't have to get up in two or three hours time!

Goodnight!

Just finished watching it, and am utterly raging!

Why do parents let this happen???? I tell you, when I have kids they will be brought up properly, not allowed to overindulge in sweets, will lead an active lifestyle and certainly won't drink half a bottle of vodka on a friday night 😡

Very annoyed that they got the diabetes stuff wrong too 😡

Maybe some of the parents will reconsider what they are doing after watching the programme. The one lady who was overfeeding her son didn't seem to understand that quantity of food rather than just quality could lead to problems.

All those children losing so many teeth is heart-breaking.

I was only half listening when they mentioned diabetes - I think they were trying to make the point that someone who is very overweight from a very early age and who has a genetic disposition to diabetes is increasing their risk considerably.

Holby however seemed to suggest eating a single box of chocs could instantly cause diabetes... do they have the same writers as Casualty with their recent weird storyline.

I didn't see the programmes, but I do know people who believe everything they see on the telly and especially the BBC! It is a shame when such basic facts are got wrong because it perpetuates all the myths we are trying to dispel.

I saw this to, its shocking, i saw something similar on come dine with me, a couple of months back, they refared to a creme brulee being Diabetes in a cup,

These idiot producers should be educated before they let viewers watch it 😡

It is heartbreaking when you see these kids, especially when i worry so much about the amount of glucose that we give to Rose in the night sometimes. I worry about her teeth etc... yet i know the glucose is going to keep her alive. What these parents are doing is unbelievable.

Somewhat contraversial (sp?) but it annoys me that Rose has type 1 through no fault of her own and i would take it all away in a heartbeat when i think about all she has to do and what other 'normal' 7 year olds are doing. Yet, these parents are forcing problems on their kids and it is utterly unbelievable. I understand that these parents need to be educated and may not have had the help they should have...but....i'm stuck here at the moment thinking it's just not fair...

Did anyone see the piece in the Daily Mail yesterday about banning the word obese?

Evidently 90 pupils in the Liverpool School's Parliament want the word obese banned and replaced with the phrase 'unhealthy weight' because they say it offends fat children!

And Liverpool City Council are formally considering the proposal to drop the word from all local authority schemes aimed at improving children's health.

hi can someone direct me in the right place to watch spoilt rotten i go to bbc i player but what cateogry does it come under i tryed factual but not thee

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back