Bayer Contour USB Meter released in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea but seeing as I've just taken two Accu Chek Aviva Nano's off my team in about four days I think I'll stick with mine until they become free!

Tom

Progress with USB Meter

Just plugged mine in and it downloaded 66 readings and then charged for about 10 minutes while I looked at the logs and trends. My biggest criticism (and all meters seem to suffer) is the size of the test strip pots, they are almost too big for the wallet, I've suggested to Bayer that they produce a rectangular pot. However the Meter is very good, uses standard Contour test strips (the graphs impressed my GP) and you can save your reports as PDF files for later use.

The Lifescan OneTouch meters use pots with 25 strips which makes them a bit smaller (but they're still round)

When you order the OneTouch strips on prescription you get a box of 50 (which contains 2x25 strip pots)

NiVZ

Last edited:
Just received my USB Contour. It's quite cool but a lot bigger than i was expecting!! It reminds me of an outsized USB stick.

Just wondering if anybody knows what amount the Contour test strips normally come in? I need to get my GP to put them on prescription but I don't want to get short changed for strips.

Currently I get Freestyle strips that come in pots of 50 so I have 2x50 on my repeat. Do the Contours only come as 25 per bottle?

Thanks
BB

No 50 per pot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back