Bayer Contour USB Meter released in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battery

Haven't had it long enough really but the battery life seems fine, bear in mind that it recharges when you plug it in to your PC to download the readings. It is supposed to charge enough in one minute to take a reading from flat so shouldn't be a problem. I'm really pleased with it.

I've had 2 Menari meters where the battery only last a couple of months and that's as an emergency meter that isn't used much, so I've given up on them.

I also applied on line for the Pura meter (swiss), which was advertised in the last Diabetes UK magazine (applied on the web site). Looks a bit like an Ipod with a nice big screen and bright backlight. Bit of a drag geting my GP to change my test strips as the Pura wasn't listed in the NHS January drug catalog.

Review of my USB Contour later on 🙂

Just seen it on the website - so cool!!!
How are people getting them for free? 🙂

Just seen it on the website - so cool!!!
How are people getting them for free? 🙂

You were even given one for free during their trial to have a play with, or given one just recently by Bayers PR and Marketing Team to review for a website.

99% of people had to pay unfortuntaley :( which I think is really bad :(

Yes I can't believe they're not on the NHS! Its not like Meters are something we can do without; but they give out toothpaste, mouthwash and shampoo on the NHS!

Well the price is a bit steep but so worth it! I'm going to order mine now :D

Yes I can't believe they're not on the NHS! Its not like Meters are something we can do without; but they give out toothpaste, mouthwash and shampoo on the NHS!

Well the price is a bit steep but so worth it! I'm going to order mine now :D

did you not get an email; with the ?5 off voucher?

Just like to say after first few weeks with it, very happy.

tis bigger than I thought it would have been but hey ho!

And the numbers have been higher than before but I know that's not the meters fault!😛

Mine has arrived. Planning to have a proper play with it later 🙂

hi sacred i got mine months ago but still not managed to connect it to my pc, let us no how you got on, i even tryed downloading the glucofacts from the website.

Hello,

Mine arrived this morning. Looking forward to putting it through it's paces and trying to get my own program to read it 😉

NiVZ

Hello,

Mine arrived this morning. Looking forward to putting it through it's paces and trying to get my own program to read it 😉

NiVZ

Hi, silly question but does anyone have this prefer it to the standard bayer contour meter ? - I just have been given the contour for my T2 and although getting to grips with it is fine, the USB one looks much more fun to run:0

Looking forward to the review + any other comments people have..

Hello,

used it last night. The unit is a bit bigger than I expected, and in the carry case is actually bigger than my UltraEasy (although ultraeasy uses 25 stick pots whereas contour are 50 strip pots)

However, the clear colourful screen looks a lot nicer than the monochrome displays. It needs a TINY amount of blood, and the result is in a speedy 3 seconds.

Overall I do like it a lot. Only other slight negative is the lancing device is a bit plasticy compared to the meter, and no idea why they made it blue and gray when the meter is black

Having the software with you on the device to look at the graphs is also very handy, although on Windows you do need to have Java Runtime installed first.

NiVZ

Hi

Just wondering how long it took to arrive from the point of ordering?

I ordered mine on monday and am still waiting (impatient I know!!)

Thanks
Blueberry 🙂

Are people who are going to buy this USB meter replacing it with the ones you already have? or are you going to use your standard ones as well?

Are people who are going to buy this USB meter replacing it with the ones you already have? or are you going to use your standard ones as well?

I was in the market for a new meter. I keep buying Freestyle Lites ( I like the small blood sample they require) but there is always a problem with the battery running out. Even when I replace the batteries, the battery light comes on a week later.

Hopefully the USB will be a good replacement. Plus I just love gadgets!

I was in the market for a new meter. I keep buying Freestyle Lites ( I like the small blood sample they require) but there is always a problem with the battery running out. Even when I replace the batteries, the battery light comes on a week later.

Hopefully the USB will be a good replacement. Plus I just love gadgets!

Why do you buy them Blueberry? I get mine free, plus free replacement batteries - most companies will give the meters away to get you using their strips. I'm guessing the new tech of the USB meter means they are going to sell them for a while, but I reckon they'll be free before too long.

Why do you buy them Blueberry? I get mine free, plus free replacement batteries - most companies will give the meters away to get you using their strips. I'm guessing the new tech of the USB meter means they are going to sell them for a while, but I reckon they'll be free before too long.

Northerner i tryed getting a free one on tuesday morning as it goes, the exact same one as blueberry mentioned im very set in my ways with my meter and have always used a freestyle lite i was not able to get myself a free one although the lady did post me a battery out the next day and said it may be that and it was , but the point was i still got told no when i asked for another meter.she seemed to wanna not give me a meter and look for any other malfunction before she would allow me one

p.s blueberry i have had mine over a year now and tuesday was the first time the battery ran out.

Ordered one on the 17th and it arrived today..

Good timing as it came with 25 strips, my local chemist has run out of Bayer Contour Strips and i couldnt get my prescription filled arg.

Device is as mentioned, not slim like a 'usb stick', more the size of a highlighter pen. Functionality is good, can set your own BS levels to suit your testing range.

Supplied case is a bit poor imho, i have the Bayer Contour as well and it has a roomier space inside.

Overall it charges fast and delivery was very fast - 2 days.

Trying to get one of these from my surgery (serious gadget freak) printed out and dropped the manual off for the D nurse today and will be seeing herin a few weeks. I'll report back if they upgrade mine - but would be happy to pay if they will supply the strips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back