Anyone heard of any Libre shortages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, just had a text saying mine are ready for collection 🙂
Although now I’ve identified that I have perhaps a bit too large a buffer stock I think I won’t order any next month!

Yay, just had a text saying mine are ready for collection 🙂
Although now I’ve identified that I have perhaps a bit too large a buffer stock I think I won’t order any next month!
I noticed the one I applied last night that I have not had long, had Sept 2020 exp on it.

I noticed the one I applied last night that I have not had long, had Sept 2020 exp on it.
Mine have all got August and September 2020 on (although haven't been to pick the new ones up yet). We put one in on 30th December that had a use by date of the next day!! When I get them they always have a date at least a few months in the future, and I always use them strictly in order of date, so can only assume that one got stuck at the back of the cupboard and remained unnoticed for a few months! Luckily I know from this forum that they will still work after the use by date, you probably just can't send them back if they go wrong. Which it didn't luckily!

One thing I did find interesting is that my surgery has put me down for 4 sensors, which I can re-order once a month
remember there is a limit to 26 per year on prescription though, I'm hoping mines will be ready before I need them as I don't have a clue what is going on with my diabetes at the minute :( I have birthday and Christmas money but I didn't ever set up an account with Abbott, I wish I had now as I'm getting pretty anxious about it all xx

They are not taking new customers at the moment and the 2 I ordered on Wednesday are showing as on hold. I checked my account this morning.Some people I reporting gettin the odd one. It still seems to be very patchy.

Ohhh I've just had a text to say part of my prescription is ready for collection, not sure if part refers to my full amount of sensors aren't there or the fact I picked most of it up last week so they are the only thing remaining! Mum has my balance slip so she says she'll go in Monday (well she'll be there anyways as she hands the charity shop key in at closing) xx

I am sure I have read somewhere about Freestyle Libre shortages because of manufacturing issues, and I have been waiting nearly 2 weeks for my prescription to be filled, but I haven't seen anything on this forum site nor anything on the Diabetes uk site. Has anyone else had an issue getting theirs?
There's a first, yesterday someone at the office asked me if I had a spare libre sensor. I only have my next one in hand and I don't carry a stock of them, so I couldn't help. However, they can be bought at a pharmacy or on e-bay for about £50+ if you have the spare cash or want to buy one. I think Libre 2 is coming out soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back