Anyone heard of any Libre shortages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but it was always going to be a delay, surely? It's not like they don't want to flog the things. (Well, I guess they might have stopped producing Libre and are waiting around to launch Libre 2 here, but that seems.a bit unlikely.)

A slightly odd thing about the phone call was that the.pharmacist was making sure I had a blood glucose monitor, saying that Abbott were offering one to anyone that didn't have one.
I find that a bit odd but I might do some follow up phone calls with my pharmacy and Abbott. thanks

I put in my prescription well before Christmas and still waiting. I have been told it could be weeks before the pharmacy get them!
I am missing not having one but doing OK.
I put my prescription in then as well, my last sensor is about to run out so not looking forward to multiple finger pricks again.:(

From what I understand the warehouse that supplies to pharmacies are having delay issues not manufacturing issues but the sensors Abbott sell or replace faulty sensors with are sent from a different warehouse, the latest update was everything should be back to normal in around 2 weeks, this information was obtained from the Freestyle UK group on Facebook xx
thanks Kaylz, that makes sense. I might check that page out on FB. 🙂

Possibly more NHS Supply chain problems more than Abbotts. Pharmacist advised of "long delay" on Friday last week, but self-funded order through Abbotts on Saturday and arrived 2 working days later, also no announcement on the Abbotts site about any delays or increased restrictions on order quantities, which they have in the past when demand out stripped supply.

Hi. I ordered my self funded sensors two days ago which arrived today. whilst ordering them online it flagged up that no more than 7 could be ordered at a time , so it looks like their s a supply problem again.

Can't be that bad though at one point it was limited to 2 at a time.

I picked up 2 on script on Monday, ordered them from GP on 7th January.

I read a post elsewhere of someone been advised on Monday prescription would take weeks, but got a call to say they had got them a couple to collect. Others to follow.

Actually picked mine up from the Pharmacy yesterday, at last.:D Hopefully they will have sorted themselves out by the time i order my next ones

I ordered my self funded sensors two days ago which arrived today

I ordered 3 on Sunday which didn't quite arrive today. (I see an error about an incomplete address (which the tracking site says has been resolved, so I guess the label got torn or something).) Still no signs of my prescription ones (but it's only been a few days so far). Still, it may well be that these will be my last prescription ones (it's the last month of the 6 month trial).

I went to pick up my prescription today and was told that there was a “long delay” and to phone the pharmacy next week. My pharmacist is lovely, btw, really smiley and happy...the rest of the people that work there are miserable and po-faced...weird.🙄

Picked up my repeat prescription today. Managed to get my 2, but got told they got 30 in on Monday and they’ve had to limit others to a single sensor rather than the usual 2.
One of the pharmacists is a T1 too and mentioned he knew where to come if he needed a sensor :D

My ASDA has been out of stock for a month. They sell for 47 normally.
Does anyone have an option other than 57 GBP from abbott direct? Still waiting to get on prescription here.

Hello @BenDot . Welcome to the forum if you buy from Abbott you can claim VAT relief which brings them down to around £47 ish . But I am not sure if they are able to accept new buyers atm.

We’re you aware that in the uk some people with T1 who fit certain criteria can bow have them on prescription. I’ll see if I c@n find the link to the criteria.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an up to date link for prescribing the Libre freestyle as I can’t find one

Hello @BenDot . Welcome to the forum if you buy from Abbott you can claim VAR relief which brings them down to around £47 ish . But I am not sure if they are able to accept new buyers atm.

We’re you aware that in the uk some people with T1 who fit certain criteria can bow have them on prescription. I’ll see if I c@n find the link to the criteria.

Thank you, I was not aware of the VAR or VAT? relief. How does that work? Must I speak with Abbott first?

As I have 6 days left I found a French Pharmacy selling for 41 GBP each when I buy 4. But will have less recourse if it goes missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back