anyone good at maths

Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled, yes I now remember the Fibonacci Series - Wabbits!! great stuff!!😛

I think I have proof somewhere that 1=2 among other things, I will try to find it for you!

Is this a conspiracy? I was always taught that 1 = 1!????Please dont confuse me even more!😛:DBev

Today's homework - "Is zero positive or negative?"

Tomorrow - Fractal geometry!

hahhaaa best link n ages ...maths teachers eh we are all still scared if them why....mine was 6Ft 8" rugby player we called the jolly green giant

As promised earlier. (A drink in the pub for anyone who spots what is wrong with it!) 😉

"Proof": 2 = 1
a = b
a2 = ab
a2 - b2 = ab-b2
(a-b)(a+b) = b(a-b)
a+b = b
b+b = b
2b = b
2 = 1

As promised earlier. (A drink in the pub for anyone who spots what is wrong with it!) 😉

a = b
a2 = ab
a2 - b2 = ab-b2
(a-b)(a+b) = b(a-b)
a+b = b
b+b = b
2b = b
2 = 1

Huh? No, wait - I get it, it's one of those logic thingies isn't it?

Along the same lines as:

I think, therefore I am

and

I eat, therefore I fart

On the other hand I'm reliably informed that 1 + 1 = 3 if you don't wear a condom.

a = b
a2 = ab
a2 - b2 = ab-b2
(a-b)(a+b) = b(a-b)
a+b = b
b+b = b
2b = b
2 = 1

If I haven't got anything, I can't share it with anyone😛
(primary school teacher answer)

Youve started off with 2=1 -then re-arranged it - therefore you have ended up with 2=1 - you couldnt have ended up with anything different. I know this is probably wrong - but it makes sense in my head!:DBev

Youve started off with 2=1 -then re-arranged it - therefore you have ended up with 2=1 - you couldnt have ended up with anything different. I know this is probably wrong - but it makes sense in my head!:DBev

Sorry, the first line is badly written 😱, it should be more like:

A proof that 2=1 is:-

a=b
etc.

In saying that, given that you are correct 😎 that if I had started with that and therefore couldn't end up with anything else, what drink can I get you at the pub so it is waiting for when you next pop in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back