anyone good at maths

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,

Can anyone help me with a bit of maths?
Alex's basal rate has gone up from 0.025 units per hour to 0.275 units per hour.
I want to know how much of a % increase this is - but i am useless at maths and cant seem to work it out!😱Bev

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with a bit of maths?
Alex's basal rate has gone up from 0.025 units per hour to 0.275 units per hour.
I want to know how much of a % increase this is - but i am useless at maths and cant seem to work it out!😱Bev

If you multiply 0.025 by 11 it equals 0.275.. so 1000% increase...

Thanks god you didnt put this on the pumpers thread Bev!!! 😉

Thanks god you didnt put this on the pumpers thread Bev!!! 😉

He he - are you useless at maths too?

Karinagal,
Thanks for the reply - but still being thick (me) where does the 11 come into it? 😱
No flipping wonder i have been battling with his levels- 1000% is huge!!!!😱Bev

He he - are you useless at maths too?

Karinagal,
Thanks for the reply - but still being thick (me) where does the 11 come into it? 😱
No flipping wonder i have been battling with his levels- 1000% is huge!!!!😱Bev

the easiest way is to remove the 0.0 = if you multiply 25 by 11 you get 275.
Its 1000% increase because if you deduct the 25 you started with you have 250 which is 25 X 10.... each 25 is 100% increase so 10 X 100% = 1000%

now MY head hurts too - I'm no Carol Vorderman and you can see by my convoluted response that I was never going to be a teacher!!!!!!!

Another method is:

Initial amount = 0.025

Final amount = 0.275

Actual increase = 0.275-0.025
= 0.25

Percentage increase
= 0.25 ?100

= 1000%
(to change a fraction to a percentage, multiply by 100)

Hope this makes sense.

Another method is:

Initial amount = 0.025

Final amount = 0.275

= 0.25

Percentage increase
= 0.25 ?100

= 1000%

Hope this makes sense.

now why couldn't I have done that!!!! This is why no-one asks me to tell them what they missed on tv - I seem to have inherited my dear sainted mothers ability to describe it all in so much detail that by the time I've finished you'll know what everyone was wearing and what adverts were on in the break..... 😱😱

Last edited:
I'd have to study that for half an hour before it fully sunk in. I'm sooo bad with numbers, I really truly believe I have a problem 😉

im just as impressed how quickly you responded as to the maths and the explanation hello by the way!!

im just as impressed how quickly you responded as to the maths and the explanation hello by the way!!

In my case I cheated - asked hubby first and THEN worked it out.. me bad..!

Karina

Another method is:

Initial amount = 0.025

Final amount = 0.275

= 0.25

Percentage increase
= 0.25 ?100

= 1000%

Hope this makes sense.

Now i understand it this way! If my maths teacher had explained things like this - perhaps i wouldnt be so rubbish now!Thanks.🙂Bev

Now i understand it this way! If my maths teacher had explained things like this - perhaps i wouldnt be so rubbish now!Thanks.🙂Bev

hey hope all ok up there !

Another method is:

Initial amount = 0.025

Final amount = 0.275

= 0.25

Percentage increase
= 0.25 ?100

= 1000%

Hope this makes sense.

Suddenly realised the middle bit was wrong 😱 and should be:

Percentage increase
= 0.25 ?100
=1000%

ie. percentage increase = actual increase divided by initial amount ? 100

Sorry about that - my only excuse is it's a bit late for this sort of thing. 😱 😱 😱

Percentage increase
= 0.25 ?100
=1000%

Sorry about that - my only excuse is it's a bit late for this sort of thing. 😱 😱 😱

now you've confused me coz it looked ok the way you did it first time (I wasn't paying close attention to it coz my brain went to bed an hour ago and is patiently waiting for me to join it!!!)

Percentage increase
= 0.25 ?100
=1000%

aaahaaa thought it looked a bit wrong spot the deliberate mistake eh??? heheee
hey bev isnt it great within an hour of you posting this forum yet again has provided results...good luck with all thats goin on XX

Right i am confused now!:confused:

Is the increase 1100% or 1000% - i 'thought' i understood it -no wonder i hated maths! lol😱Bev

Is the increase 1100% or 1000% - i 'thought' i understood it -no wonder i hated maths! lol😱Bev

the increase is definitely 1000% - I promise, cross my heart!!

Karina

Let's say you have ten pigs. That's 100% of the pigs you own. Then you increase your herd to twenty pigs - that's 100% more pigs than you started with, so it's a 100% increase. In the same way, your 0.025 is 100% of your dose, you then add 10x more (0.250), so it's 10x100%=1000% increase.:D

Ma heid's burstin'

Ah cannae take ony mair - ah'm aff tae ma scratcher and ah'll see aw yous in the mornin'. Awright?!! 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back