another test strip question (does everyone have a limit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
sorry to post something about test strips again but is everyone limited I know some people said everyone has a limit but I was speaking to people on some on some groups I'm on and they said there shouldn't be a limit so I a bit confused(having a limit doesn't sort my lifestyle not with job but it does seem like I have put up with this even if it means sometimes paying for some which isn't great)

I don’t think I do - but then again I just order them when I get down to only 1 box of 50.I think it depends on the CCG and the particular test strips as some are more expensive than others

I don’t think I do - but then again I just order them when I get down to only 1 box of 50.I think it depends on the CCG and the particular test strips as some are more expensive than others
yeah thats why i'm looking to change test strips if it stops the limit I might need explain about my active job again which can sometimes mean long hours I'm working an almost 9 hour shift on Tuesday they have been longer as well before,

yeah thats why i'm looking to change test strips if it stops the limit I might need explain about my active job again which can sometimes mean long hours I'm working an almost 9 hour shift on Tuesday they have been longer as well before,
What test strips do you use?

What test strips do you use?
freesytle optium nero so i'm looking to change to cheepers ones if it means able to stop the limit as long as there not like the ones I first used which where a nightmare.

i'm know ordering them when due however ever manny I got to try and avoid having to explain myself and getting no where but at some point that's not going to work.

Have you looked on your CCG website to see if they have information about what strips they fund?

You might then have to get a different monitor as strips are necessarily interchangeable.

I’ve just looked at prices for them online and they seem to be middle range of test strip prices

Have you looked on your CCG website to see if they have information about what strips they fund?
i'm a bit confussed on what CCG means

I’ve just looked at prices for them online and they seem to be middle range of test strip prices
I would class them as low to medium price, as I have paid over £ 25 for strips in the past.

Well that is what some of the Brands Cost.
I just looked and the ones for the meter I use range from £16 to £30 😱 . Companies do charge a lot

I would class them as low to medium price, as I have paid over £ 25 for strips in the past.
I have been able to get them for £10 from amazon but yes if I brought them from a pharmacy that's how much they would cost or more.

I just looked and the ones for the meter I use range from £16 to £30 😱 . Companies do charge a lot
thank goodness we don't live in America imagine having to pay for insulin.

thank goodness we don't live in America imagine having to pay for insulin.
I’m glad that we don’t. I think that everyone is grateful for the NHS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back