Accu-chek Combo or Insight

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dsn says I'd be suitable for omnipod as have low doses of insulin. Do they have Bluetooth handset and how are people finding them?
will let you know traceyw as my omnipod has just arrived! It is my first pump though, so won't be making any comparisons. It just has a handset (including bg meter) that talks to the pump (which you stick on - no tubing) through radiowaves. Am liking the idea of no tubing and only the 2 pieces of kit. The pump takes 200 units of insulin and last up to 3 days.

LOL - 200u insulin is approx 8 days worth for me - expensive kit to chuck after 3 days I always think, even only filling it with 3 days worth - and I have to change my cannulas every 2 days anyway as the absorption fails pdq after 2. My hospital won't supply anything other than Roche if they can help it anyway.

You can fill it with anything upwards of 85 units for the three days up to the 200 units. They provide you with a recycling bag where you send the units back so they can reuse the parts

You can fill it with anything upwards of 85 units for the three days up to the 200 units. They provide you with a recycling bag where you send the units back so they can reuse the parts
That sounds like a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back