Absolutely horrified and terrified

What's wrong with lattes and cappuchinos as long as you don't put sugar in them?
They can be quite high carb because of all the milk, 15g or so for a cappuccino or flat white, up to 20g for a latte. Whereas a mug of home-made coffee (or a cafe americano) with just a splash of milk is more like 2g. I was quite surprised to discover this! I wondered if they were adding some kind of thickener but I think it’s just the milk.

They can be quite high carb because of all the milk, 15g or so for a cappuccino or flat white, up to 20g for a latte. Whereas a mug of home-made coffee (or a cafe americano) with just a splash of milk is more like 2g. I was quite surprised to discover this! I wondered if they were adding some kind of thickener but I think it’s just the milk.
Oh poop! Having a cappuchino when out and about is a highlight of my day. Use sweeteners, not sugar. Thought the milk would be OK :-(

When bought from a cafe they can be quite high carbs but we have a DolceGusto coffee machine and the flat white, cafe au lait, latte are all less than 5 carbs per cup.

Oh poop! Having a cappuchino when out and about is a highlight of my day. Use sweeteners, not sugar. Thought the milk would be OK :-(
I do have them (flat white) but just limit so not too many - I count them in on the app I use (Nutracheck).

I get a small americano with whole milk when out

I have a soya latte, delicious and so creamy. No carbs in soya milk
Yes there is, 10g carb in a medium soya latte at Costa, slightly less than the 16g with normal milk but more than the 3g ish in a white americano (carbs from the carbs and cals app)

The reason I mentioned about the lattes and cappuchinos was the milk and the amount that is in it. I have them as a "treat" these days.

My almond milk is carb free

I use almond and coconut milk (the sugar free one) but I like ordinary milk too. It does not affect me when I make tea and coffee at home but then I don't put so much in it as there would be if I went to a coffee shop and had a latte or a cappuchino.

Back