Abbreviated name for the Diet Drink Awareness campaign

What do you think we should shorten the name to?

• DieDrA

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • DiDrA

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • DiDkA

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
copy and paste from the second box, the first is for messenger

nope still dont understand .... by the way, i like DAB aswell....and its a type of fishy xx

Click on the link I posted.
Type what you want into the first box.

Ignor the second box

Copy what's in the third box and paste it into the reply box on this site.

Click on the link I posted.
Type what you want into the first box.

Ignor the second box

Copy what's in the third box and paste it into the reply box on this site.

GOT IT HAHAAAA brilliant ....i missed your post re the link heheeee

i can't find the other thread so i'll post in here. this is a friend of mine who works in a pub in York (from a different forum):

Helen wrote:
I spoke to my manager at work about this last night and she said she'd be happy to implement it in the pub. The campaign you're working with should come up with a poster or certificate pubs/restaurants/clubs can display to indicate to diabetics that they're on board with it.

i've told her posters etc are on their way!

i can't find the other thread so i'll post in here. this is a friend of mine who works in a pub in York (from a different forum):

i've told her posters etc are on their way!

excellent shiv we were thinking of a launch at york meet as a starting point..so i will let SH know!!

excellent shiv we were thinking of a launch at york meet as a starting point..so i will let SH know!!

You should have the York meet in her pub and invite the local press along to get it in the papers, good for the pub and good for the campaign !!

Slight further spanner, sorry...

I like others really like DD4D...But I wonder about whether it can stand for Diet Drinks for Diabetes...

Rather than diabetics.

I think using 'diabetics' risks a kind of marginalisation/minority thing, where as diabetes is more a 'cause', and something lots can get involved with...

The word diabetic immediately labels someone as 'not normal' -- or risks that, anyway. I mean, WE know what we're talking about, and what it means and that that's not the case, etc...but seeing as this is a public thing, maybe 'diabetes' is something more can get their teeth into. As it were.

Or is that defeating the point, and too distancing for you guys? Just a thought.

Slight further spanner, sorry...

I like others really like DD4D...But I wonder about whether it can stand for Diet Drinks for Diabetes...

Rather than diabetics.

I think using 'diabetics' risks a kind of marginalisation/minority thing, where as diabetes is more a 'cause', and something lots can get involved with...

The word diabetic immediately labels someone as 'not normal' -- or risks that, anyway. I mean, WE know what we're talking about, and what it means and that that's not the case, etc...but seeing as this is a public thing, maybe 'diabetes' is something more can get their teeth into. As it were.

Or is that defeating the point, and too distancing for you guys? Just a thought.

no its certainly not defeating the point...and is a very good point which we will take into consideration xxx

You should have the York meet in her pub and invite the local press along to get it in the papers, good for the pub and good for the campaign !!

thats sort of on the line of what we were thinking...and hopefully national press will take it up from the locals ....
sacred heart has worked on the ideas over the weekend and today cos finally i have no one at home till 3.30 im going to work on the plan of action...we're on the case of getting organised !!😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back