Your favorite/most moving tv advert

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
for me the mooving ad is the Dementia one It starts with the first time mum died was when she couldt remember how to do her roast and ends with mum last died on march......
favorite is the Harobo ones

I don't think I have an advert that moved me but I do have a favourite one..it was the ESSO ads of the late seventies/early eighties...they were fantastic.

I don't think I have an advert that moved me but I do have a favourite one..it was the ESSO ads of the late seventies/early eighties...they were fantastic.
I loved the Castrol GTX advert, so beautiful and simple!

My favourite advert of the moment which isn't on so much now is the little girl saying she's "... in the camera!" It brings joy to my heart and a big smile to my face. I just love it and her. <3

That’s an easy one. The Yellow Pages advert with the old guy calling all the book shops asking if they’ve got Fly Fishing by JR Hartley. When one says yes and who should they save it for, he replies, JR Hartley, used to get me every time. I’m filling up thinking about it! 😉

That’s an easy one. The Yellow Pages advert with the old guy calling all the book shops asking if they’ve got Fly Fishing by JR Hartley. When one says yes and who should they save it for, he replies, JR Hartley, used to get me every time. I’m filling up thinking about it! 😉
Oh who can forgot the yellow pages ads?...The JR Hartĺey one is one of the best UK TV adverts of all time...it's fantastic.

I like the ad for audio books with the sci-fi battlefield getting sucked up into the vacuum cleaner.

Talking of cigars, I loved the ad for Hamlet that used a piano arrangement of air On The G String by Bach. The ad was responsible for the intro of the song A Whiter Shade Of Pale. The song writer only half remembered it so came up with a variation on the melody.

I was also bemused by the ads from Gillette that basically said "All men are obnoxious sexist jerks, stop being an obnoxious sexist jerk with Gillette." They were then baffled when the ad led to record sales for Harry's. Now the guys in Gillette ads are loving hands on dads and young really good looking guys being really nice to their dates.

My current favourite is the CDM ad (presumably meant to be 1950s or 1960s) where a little girl buys a bar of chocolate for her mother's birthday. She very very slowly puts her hard saved pennies on the counter and reluctantly also her tiny toy unicorn (part payment!). The shopkeeper then reminds her she has change due and returns the toy :D .

Last edited:
I like the ad for audio books with the sci-fi battlefield getting sucked up into the vacuum cleaner.

Talking of cigars, I loved the ad for Hamlet that used a piano arrangement of air On The G String by Bach. The ad was responsible for the intro of the song A Whiter Shade Of Pale. The song writer only half remembered it so came up with a variation on the melody.

I was also bemused by the ads from Gillette that basically said "All men are obnoxious sexist jerks, stop being an obnoxious sexist jerk with Gillette." They were then baffled when the ad led to record sales for Harry's. Now the guys in Gillette ads are loving hands on dads and young really good looking guys being really nice to their dates.
Wasn’t there a cig add with Gregor Fisher? “Rab C?” Then there was the Karate aftershave adds in my youth. Lol, I was never a fan of “trying too hard.” I remember a bottle of the stuff given as a teen at Christmas. “What is this? A contraception?”

Adverts used to have some humour but now most are cringe making.
Though the one with the little girl buying chocolate for her Mum with buttons and a unicorn is very sweet.
Oh, are they buttons? I thought they were her saved pennies...

Adverts used to have some humour but now most are cringe making.
If I was to give my personal assessment on the Dementia or any cognitive demise condition awairness advert It would be an essay that tears this universe apart. But in short. “The loved ain’t dead. Or zombies. Respect what they have left.” Cherish & give dignity.

If I was to give my personal assessment on the Dementia or any cognitive condition awairness advert It would be an essay that tears this universe apart. But in short. “The loved ain’t dead. Or zombies. Respect what they have left.” Cherish & give dignity.
I wasn't referring to that one in particular, it really hits home and you can't help feel empathy for relatives, if it makes more people support a worthy charity the better.

I can remember an ad about a woman re-marrying and her teenaged daughter throwing a tantrum and hating her new dad. We then fast forward a few years to the dad getting ready to walk her down the aisle at her wedding. I have no idea what was being advertised.

Back