Your diabetes data display methods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could use VMWare to let you run XP on a MAC.

@Rachelha - What meter are you using?

NiVZ

Yes you are right there. There is a lot of vitalisation software out there NIVZ.

Virtualbox is free and works out of the box on my Ubuntu Linux box.

I use the co-pilot software for my optimum xceed and download my results. I found it really useful to be able to do that. I find it impossible to keep paper records and diaries, or to manually input my results. I like being able to see different graphs and see what % of my readings are in range.
I have never bothered to put the insulin doses in.

My brother uses the xceed. I'm hoping to steal a shot of his the next time we meet up and try to learn how that meter 'talks' to the PC 😉

NiVZ

That looks really good and it's for MAC and PC. Being the size of a USB stick must make it one of the smallest meters too.

$75 price tag isn't bad either

I just signed up to be notified when it's released in 2010 😉

NiVZ

Last edited:
To be honest folks I don't want to run windows or another OS on my MAC may sound strange to you but thats the way it is! Otherwise I would have bought a PC!

I know the feeling Rossi....

I only fire up the Virtualbox to get my meter readings and print them out.

If Roche and the other meter makers would publish the specs of their meter sync protocol then something could be done.

The USB meter you refer to... I bet that won't work under Linux either.😡

I know the feeling Rossi....

I only fire up the Virtualbox to get my meter readings and print them out.

If Roche and the other meter makers would publish the specs of their meter sync protocol then something could be done.

The USB meter you refer to... I bet that won't work under Linux either.😡

I'm betting none of them work with Windows 7!😱 Haven't tried mine on Vista yet as IF reader has a serial connection.

I'm betting none of them work with Windows 7!😱 Haven't tried mine on Vista yet as IF reader has a serial connection.

Northerner - If you are using a Roche meter then the care line will send you a kit to connect via USB. (I've got one)

Not tried mine with Windows 7 yet, but we've got a copy at work so may give it a try,

NiVZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back