Yet another question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just change my cartridge when it's empty - around 10 days.

Insulin stays in the fridge until c half an hour before filling the cartridge, goes straight back in fridge after. The only advice re fridging I ever had was in 1972 when of course I was on piggy insulin, but never been told any different so never done any different. After 40+ years doing this I'd have to find some place else to put it, errr, where?

I have only had air in the tubing twice so far since I got the pump in May 2011 although yep, there are sometimes a few in the vial; if there's a lot I probably change the vial a bit sooner. (say a day sooner, that's about 20u)

If there were a shedload when I was say halfway down the res I'd just disconnect at the reservoir end and prime em out again and reattach, prime and carry on again till the res was empty.

Pump is usually on my waistband in a skin or it may be on a lanyard round my nice next to me (the lanyard attaches to one of those 'suedette' pouches) but the only time I take care of it better is if it's freezing cold when I try and bury it nearer my skin with a jumper/cardy over it to keep it a bit warmer, but I don't worry if it's 30+ either - just put it by the side of me so it gets shade from my body when I lie out in the sun to bake.

Not noticed any practical difference TBH, although in very hot weather I do actually use up to about a third less insulin so the res lasts even longer, and the pump usually frightens the life out of me when it eventually alarms to warn me I only have 20u left - that's a whole day mostly! so defo no need to panic.

Each to their own, as they find .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back