Yeah I'm a junkie! (ha ha) NOT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the optimum xceed you can markt he results as control test if you don't wnat it added into your averages.

In hospital the same meter is used for each patient so there isn't an issue with the meter. So it must be a lancet issue but I can't see that it isn't safe to use if you change the lancet.

There is something that is made by novo nordisk that helps remove the pen needles so there isn't risk of pricking your finger.

And to the original subject I have had it said a few times to me and usually just smile and shrug it off. Hope the rant helped

People who don't understand just can't help making comments.

I think it is down to a number of things, fear, lack of knowledge and emabraessment being the main ones. I don't inject but I do say to people if you can't be of help when I'm doing the test just go away and leave me alone. Some will then realise thay have over stepped the mark, appologise and ask appropriate questions and others will go away for fear of any further reactions.

I test at my desk and warn people as one or two folks don't like the sight of blood.

The rant made me feel better anyway!

I'm very open about my diabetes and am really happy to answer questions people ask and explain it all to them, so just get annoyed with the junkie reaction.

Oh well, guess it'll always happen!

Yeah it is a bit silly. Just the plain old ignorance I think. No vaccine for that. Well apart from my idea of a few odd errant units of insulin. 😉

Right Marc , I'll hold them down , you Jab them 😉😉

This has crossed my mind a few times!!

What would happen if someone with a working organ was injected?? How quick would they drop?

What would happen if someone with a working organ was injected?? How quick would they drop?

Hmmm fairly quickly I'd say :confused: I've got a few candidates in mind , isnt "Our Nurse" a type 2 ? 😉 I'm sure in the interests of medical science a small jab would be fine 😱

Not quick enough, is the joke answer. 😛

I reckon it depends on how much you inject. A few units and they mightn't be so bad. Loads and they'd probably drop fairly soon and permanently. 😛

Not quick enough, is the joke answer. 😛

I reckon it depends on how much you inject. A few units and they mightn't be so bad. Loads and they'd probably drop fairly soon and permanently. 😛

Sooo possibly a win win then? 😉 ( only joking Northerner 🙄)

There have been quite a few cases in history where a murder has been attempted by giving an overdose of insulin. As it is something that is naturally produced by the body it was thought to be virtually untraceable, unlike normal poisons. I keep meaning to buy a book called 'The Insulin Murders' by Vincent Marks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6250172.stm

Last edited:
There have been quite a few cases in history where a murder has been attempted by giving an overdose of insulin. As it is something that is naturally produced by the body it was thought to be virtually untraceable, unlike normal poisons. I keep meaning to buy a book called 'The Insulin Murders' by Vincent Marks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6250172.stm

Oooh I might buy it , I love anything like that :D thanks for the tip 😉

Does anyone else hate this?!

😱 ive never had anyone say anything like that to me!! Ive only joked about it myself, by saying something like "I'm just going to shoot up now".

If my friend said it i'd probably laugh it off but if it was a stranger i'd tell them where to go! 😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back