Worried about blood test results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have systemonline to access are GP records, which includes blood test results. If I were you I would check your GP web web site and see how to register on line for access to your records.

I have been on my surgery's Patient Panel Group for 13 years. When I found out that other people in other areas were able to see test results online very soon after the tests I pushed our surgery to do the same. Initially they were reluctant but I got others on the PPG to back me up and we did put pressure on and I am pleased to say it was one of our successes and we can now access all test results and also our medical records over the last 23 years. It may be worth finding out if your surgery has a PPG and joining. It's generally 1 meeting every 3 months. They are actually paid to have a PPG so your surgery should have one.

Anyway @Paul Gibbins from what I see on the waking thread you have no need to worry about your results.
I'm going to make some enquiries about PPG. Thanks for this information.

We have systemonline to access are GP records, which includes blood test results. If I were you I would check your GP web web site and see how to register on line for access to your records.
I've checked this. There's nothing on the website about accessing records. I get the feeling they don't want this.

I can access my medical records via Patient Access and the result of my most recent HbA1c was there for me to see 4 days later. Can you not do this in Wales? We hear a lot of negatives about the way the NHS is run in Wales, but 28 days to process requests for test result details....??

Why your GP would appear to be sceptical of the impact low carb can have on BG, when the facts are out there for all to see, is beyond me so well done on sticking to your guns.
You don't know what the rest of the results are showing which might be of concern.

This I did and this morning I made the requested appointment with some difficulty for two week's time. I was told my request for the results could take up to 28 days to process. I am in the dark and am now worrying about this unexplained doctor call-back.
As it's a two week wait then there's nothing to worry about. GP prob going to congratulate you on your great HbA1c oh and eat humble pie 🙂 GP can also print out the results in his surgery whilst talking to you.

Did we get e-consult instead of the app here in Wales? Or is e-consult available in England too? I’ve always had to fight for my test results, but have never been told to write a letter!
Unfortunately used In English system for some surgeries for registration of information/ symptoms for review before appointments are issues or called back, is not as comprehensive as the NHS app, personally I hate it as it often duplicates what’s on the app (such as allergies and family history), my surgery dropped it recently as use the Nhs app now combined with system online or accruex ( not sure of spelling without logging in sorry).

I just don’t understand why they use multiple systems, depending on where you live!

I remember being in France post-Covid and a barman trying to scan the bit of paper provided by the NHS here in Wales as proof of the Covid jab - it didn’t work, of course, cos it was rubbish. Luckily, we’d just had Covid tests done about 10 minutes before, so that we could get the ferry back to the UK. He scanned them and we got our drinks.

What annoys me is having to go begging for test results two weeks after a blood test, when other forum users just access them on their phones the following day. o_O

Have you managed to get your results yet @Paul Gibbins? I hope so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back