World's Fattest Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are stepping into dangerous ground here with assumptions that because he is fat he is probably on benefits and maybe has mental health problems - we don't know anything about him and could it not be an illness that caused the weight gain for all we know?

I agree with YPauly and Northerner - it would be great seeing him holding up his oversized trousers but it won't be easy for him poor thing.

Actually the man has put himself up for discussion by agreeing to take part in a television program and have an article done on him..

Yes until the program is aired, we know little about this man so assumption is all we can go on...

So first why is this man 58 stone around 40 stone overweight far beyond the normal range of reason even for most health issues such as lack of mobility, under active thyroids, steroids and other medication that know to increase an individuals side

So you look at the brain to consider if anything wrong there, a missing switch/receiver, depression or perhaps another medical condition that effects the brain all these come under 'mental health'

But we shall find out more in the program..

As to discussing benefits

Well care isn't cheap and you won't find many care packages at that level 18 carers per day is far from the norm..

As I said having dealt with care package I have some idea of cost involved, it may be ten years behind the times but one thing for sure the cost of care provision hasn't gone down at all... with dealing with these package and not one of the packages I built/manages involved such a level of care provision there weren't many that didn't get government help on cost, and the several that didn't get help, wouldn't have been able to sustain the cost of their care package for many years...

So no I don't think anybody is treading on dangerous grounds really..

Online articles have him quoting the death of his mother and father were to blame for him over eating, so no medical problems, either physically or mentally................

And the taxpayer is responsible for his care...................

But we will all get more details when its on the TV, when is that by the way?

As to discussing benefits

Well care isn't cheap and you won't find many care packages at that level 18 carers per day is far from the norm..

Ah but then we ALL have the benefit of the NHS do we not?

But if you resent his care being paid for, why? You, I and everyone else with type 1 diabetes have a lot of NHS money spent on us 🙄
Also if you find it a problem that his care is paid for, why are you worth it and he isn't? :confused:

I think I will close this thread now, as I think the points have been made. I will await the documentary with interest, and hope that there is a good outcome for the poor man 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back