World Diabetes Day, and the Forum’s 15th Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were one of two people who responded to my first post in November 2010, the other was @twinnie she hasn’t posted for a very long time. I was so relieved to find out I wasn’t alone. Thanks for that.
we are (and hopefully) remain a minority, I'm currently a patient ambassador for NCUK and in the last 3 years have probably come across 4-5 others and even now 12 years on (as you stated) they still have to educate the diabetic clinic / gp. Pancreatic Cancer had an event a few weeks ago to launch a new diagnosis and support pathway. I asked about support post PT and it resulted in one of those tumbleweed moments - total silence, however did have a good chat with a surgeon from Northern Ireland about a care pathway incorporating CGM pre PT with a transition to closed loop once the patient understands life post PT. Trouble is its not really a priority for PCUK, NCUK, DUK.

I've come across this thread a couple of days late but couldn't pass up the opportunity of thanking DUK for this forum and particularly the members who have supported, advised, listened (read) when i've had a bad day and who sometimes make me laugh out loud. I would have been lost without you all as no one else i know is T1. Thank you everyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back