Work sent me home for having a hypo (advice appreciated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done you for highlighting it, if you hadn't no doubt it would have happened to another person. Sounds like the manager is out if his depth and could benefit from further training. The company should and must also have written policy/guidance notes regarding the management of its staff with respect to illness/accidents at work etc.

For anyone who was interested in the end result, the manager in question is being disciplined and reminded of how to deal with sensitive situations better such as health related illness. And I have made the decision to move into industry with a better work/life/family/health balance which I'm starting in the new year 🙂 thanks all for your advice and input.

Good outcome, guy needed disciplined. Good luck with new job.

One of the dancers I play for was training as a sous chef and after a lot of effort and long hours then getting a bad tempered manager in the kitchen he decided to give up on the idea and changed his job to one where he was not under such pressure.
He has that condition where people grow very tall so I think he was outgrowing his strength and the job was made overly difficult for him by the manager.
He is like a different person now, laughing and joking with the rest of the team rather than sitting in a corner looking shattered. I hope that you have found something which has a similar effect on your well being.

Sounds like a very positive outcome for you @dodge13

Well done for taking a stand. Hopefully it will improve the experience of others working with that manager in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back