Wordle - Quordle Thread

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As I got a few likes to my suggestion yesterday here is my starter. Not my best performance though!
. Screenshot_20221015_064942_edit_52373707112320.jpgScreenshot_20221015_070131.jpg

I failed Wordle today. Lots of greens, too many choices 🙄

Daily Octordle #264
8️⃣3️⃣
5️⃣

7️⃣9️⃣
Score: 66

Wordle 483 3/6

72.png
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜

72.png
72.png
72.png
⬜
72.png

72.png
72.png
72.png
72.png
72.png

Failure.... got the last 4 on the 4th try and 2 more failed first letters

Took me all 6 for Wordle this morning an no enjoyment in it when you just end up trying one letter after the next because there are lots of options rather than puzzling to find a single option that works.
I had an unusual fail at Quordle, but got Octordle in 10 or 11 which is pretty standard for me.

I have got stuck with using the same start word(s) 3 in a set order for Quordle and Octordle and can't decide if this is a good policy or not. I always start Wordle with the same word and I feel it gives me a good spread of options usually.
Is anyone interested in having a discussion about different starting words and how some may be more beneficial than others.....or is that opening a can of worms 🙄 😱

Is anyone interested in having a discussion about different starting words and how some may be more beneficial than others.....or is that opening a can of worms 🙄 😱
I always start with the same word, RAISE. If that doesn't give me anything, i try MOUND. Don't ask why, i've no idea!

I use ADIEU as a starting word for Wordle and Quordle. It’s never going to be the actual word but it covers 4 vowels. If none of those 4 is green, I try CORNY next. Seems to work well.

Didn’t finish Wordle this morning but I was close. Quordle went better for me..

Daily Quordle 264
4️⃣7️⃣
5️⃣6️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜
⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

I use ADIEU as a starting word for Wordle and Quordle. It’s never going to be the actual word but it covers 4 vowels. If none of those 4 is green, I try CORNY next. Seems to work well.

Didn’t finish Wordle this morning but I was close. Quordle went better for me..

Daily Quordle 264
4️⃣7️⃣
5️⃣6️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜
⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
I use Audio, for the same reasons, then move on to Chest if I haven’t got any right.

I used to use SMILE just because I liked the idea of starting with a SMILE :D Then I migrated to LAUGH and I find this word quite useful, the H particularly because it can stand alone as a starting letter or combine with 5 other letters plus the G usually at the beginning or end of a word which can really help if it comes up gold or green because if it is gold it usually means that it's going to be the first or second letter, granted not always but the game sort of works on probabilities. The L also just combines with a few letters as well as standing alone so can give clues to other possible letters depending on it's placement. I have recently started using STOIC as my second choice and DERBY as my third, just to try to introduce all the commonest letters.

Is that even a word??

Wordle 484 2/6

72.png
⬜
⬜
72.png

72.png
72.png
72.png
72.png

Daily Octordle #265
6️⃣
72.png

8️⃣
72.png

9️⃣
4️⃣

72.png
7️⃣

Score: 67

That's my luck spent for the day 🙂

I start with ARISE because it sounds good & also it's strong statistically. Then I just go with the first word I can think of which fits with what's been discovered so far.

Not optimal, but actually it probably isn't far off, eg given that from simple maths, after 3 guesses you've probably narrowed things down to a very small number of possibilities, and it's not clear to me trying to finesse things is going to do much better on average, unless you're actually running through all the possibilities, like a computer.

Last edited:
I also start with Adieu, and one day it might be the word
Then I use SPORT or adjust that depending on which vowels I got from ADIEU.
Yesterday was one of those irritating ones where I had the last four letters by the second guess, and then It was just guess work for the starting letter, and I failed.

Once finished I go on to do Quordle, and then Nerdle (numbers instead of letters and in my mind a lot easier. Disappointed if I don’t get it in 3. And now I shall have to look at Octordle

Back