woohoooo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
As everyone has said well done Alex and well done mum...you are both stars x 🙂

Well done Alex, he is doing so well. I did seperate sciences as well, only the top set was allowed to do it at my school 30 out of around 360 pupils.

(I need to ask a stupid question, but pls put it down to me being from a completely different educational system... I thought it was single science OR triple science. E is doing triple. What's double?! Sorry for temp tangent...)

(I need to ask a stupid question, but pls put it down to me being from a completely different educational system... I thought it was single science OR triple science. E is doing triple. What's double?! Sorry for temp tangent...)

No need to apologise Patricia! Most children take double science (biology and chemistry) - but if you do triple science they add on Physics.🙂Bev

Thank you Bev. Myself I'd rather leave out chemistry, but oh well! E's school does triple for all but the bottom set, eek! He's actually done components of his GCSE sciences this year (year 9) -- will Alex get this chance, given he's so strong in science? It's been a very good thing for E, pumping him up for tackling the big ones, and giving him experience. I would thoroughly recommend it if Alex gets the opportunity to do any bits of them early.

Best! And hope the sun is shining your way...

xxoo

No need to apologise Patricia! Most children take double science (biology and chemistry) - but if you do triple science they add on Physics.🙂Bev

How strange! When I was at school you could do all three if that's what you were interested in. The only problems with choice would come if certain subjects clashed on the timetable, but they obviously arranged that the three sciences wouldn't. If you're doing double science can you choose physics and chemistry? For a lot of careers that would be a more logical 'double'.

well done alex and bev...my 16yr old is just about to start the exams in 2 weeks and they've upped the pressure ...he's exhausted so still in bed 🙄 could i get him up .....nooooooo but hes likely to get some A* so day off with mum and science revision today ...hes doing the triple and i only did physics 😱

Maybe they changed it but when I was at school, triple science meant you did them seperatley, then double meant you still studies all 3 and the exams covered all 3 but it was worth 2 GCSE's so you'd get a double mark, E.g. science CC or BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back