woohoooo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,
I went to parents evening tonight and I am feeling very proud of Alex.🙂

In top set for all subjects and all teachers had lovely words about him and how nice he is etc.. good grades all round.

Then his science teacher shocked me by saying that Alex is the top in his class and achieved a 5.9 and was only predicted a 5. The average for this age group is 4 - 4.5 - so he is doing well. Then he explained that if a year 9 (Alex is year 7) student were to get a level 6 - then they would be put forward for the 'Triple award class' in year 10 which would mean he would be allowed to take 3 sciences rather than the usual 2 - meaning he would have the chance of doing 11 GCSE's instead of the usual 10! So the teacher is amazed that Alex has already achieved a 5.9 in year 7!:DBev

Thats brill news go Alex you little star, I always look forward to parents evening and im not big headed but my lad is always getting such a glowing report hehe, Well done again very proud night for you all xxx

wow Bev, fantastic.

didnt really get all those figures when i see 5.9 etc i just think bloods! :D

sounds like he is very very clever and you have every right to be proud especially with the last couple of years and all he has had to deal with emotionally as well as physically. all credit to you and your family Bev.

Congrats Bev and Alex!

Ah triple science, I was too much of a plank to do that. Now look at me, a barking mad science student at uni!

Tom

wow Bev, fantastic.

didnt really get all those figures when i see 5.9 etc i just think bloods! :D

sounds like he is very very clever and you have every right to be proud especially with the last couple of years and all he has had to deal with emotionally as well as physically. all credit to you and your family Bev.

Thanks all,
Tracey I agree - I just look at all numbers as if they are levels - whatever happened to percentages or grades A B or C!:DBev

go alex! i too just did double science...and still managed to wrap 13 GCSEs under my belt!!

woooo get you, you brainbox :D

they were called gces in my day, showing my age now😱

woooo get you, you brainbox :D

they were called gces in my day, showing my age now😱

Haha! 🙂 BRAINBOX! Love that!

Thats what he is, a Brainbox! Great news Bev and for Alex too. What a great fella he is growing up to be xx

okay i confess i kind of played with the numbers there...science (double), english lit, english lang, maths, GNVQ ICT (equivalent to 2 GCSEs), geography, history, RE, resistant materials (took it a year early cause i was good at it), russian, music!

Well done Alex :D not quite sure what all the numbers were about though lol

Brilliant news bev, and so great given everything. A resilient, bright lad. He will be strong and stand tall. All credit to your family.

It does mean so much when the boys' achievements are celebrated on their own merits. At E's this year, not one mention of D. Just everyone wanting him for GCSE! (all choices now made: 12 plus two half ones in RE and ICT! v exciting.)

But my point is: your boy is doing all this because of who he is and because he knows he can still do anything. HURRAY!

Nice to hear some good news .. well done Alex! And of course behind every clever lad there is a great mum 🙂

Brilliant news bev, and so great given everything. A resilient, bright lad. He will be strong and stand tall. All credit to your family.

It does mean so much when the boys' achievements are celebrated on their own merits. At E's this year, not one mention of D. Just everyone wanting him for GCSE! (all choices now made: 12 plus two half ones in RE and ICT! v exciting.)

But my point is: your boy is doing all this because of who he is and because he knows he can still do anything. HURRAY!

Wow Patricia - you also have a boy to be very proud of! Isnt it amazing that our boys have been through so much change in the past 18 months - but can still apply themselves and come out tops! Not sure I am that strong! Well done to E!:DBev

WOW Alex thats fantastic :D x

syance, whats that?🙂

Well done Alex ( and maybe mum helps a bit!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back