Wish me luck guys .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Off for my re-arranged appointment for retinopathy screening tomorrow,always a tinge of nerves with it as i may need the drops this time.I hope i get as friendly a guy as i got last year anyways,and im definetly going to ask if i can see the pictures this time.

Last edited:
good luck steff 🙂

Good luck Steff! Don't worry too much if they have to use the drops. It's a bit uncomfortable, but worth it if it means they get better pictures of your eyes. Don't forget to take your sunglasses🙂

Good luck Steff. I'm sure it will go well. Even if they do use drops, it will at least mean they get good pictures of your eyes and you wont have to go back again for another year!

Good luck Steff. Definitely take the sun-glasses it always seems to be a bright not a cloud in the day sort of day when you have the eye-drops doesn't it.

Eye Screening

Dear Steff,

Good luck - I'm going on Wednesday.

Warmest Regards Dodger

Good luck steff ...as the others said take sunglasses incase you need drops ...you will need them even if is dull... is someone going with you ?

Good luck steff ...as the others said take sunglasses incase you need drops ...you will need them even if is dull... is someone going with you ?

nope no one went with me last time.

nope no one went with me last time.

I always get to go on my own too. Even the first time I went when I was dead scared and din't know what to expect I had to go on my own. It is easier once you know what to expect!

Good luck steff, i hate the drops too,but im a big baby when it comes to my eyes.
Carole

Good luck Steff. The drops arent too bad, just dont try focusing on your fingers!! 🙄

I always have a nap when I get home afterwards, my eyes just get so tired I find a kip for an hour or so gives them time to start contracting a bit & makes them less weird. Next year I am going to book studiotime at college & go do some self portraits with big pupils cos I love the way they look! :D

eye drops

Hi I am going to my optician this afternoon to get drops in my eyes this is the first time what can I expect is it uncomfortable, how long does the effects last will I really need my sunglasses?

Many thanks
Avril:

Hi I am going to my optician this afternoon to get drops in my eyes this is the first time what can I expect is it uncomfortable, how long does the effects last will I really need my sunglasses?

Many thanks
Avril:

Definitely take sunglasses! The drops dilate your pupils so they can take better pictures of your retinas. Even a gloomy day seems bright for a few hours afterwards - so don't even think of driving, or even reading for a while. The drops may sting a little at first, but that quickly wears off (I've found). It took me about 4 hours to feel normal again after my last visit. Good luck!

Many thanks
Avril:

The drops make your vision blurred for a while as well. The first time I had it done my sight took about 5 hours before it returned to normal but each subsequent time I've had it done the time for my eyesight returning to normal has got less. I guess your eyes get used to it after a few times.

Off for my re-arranged appointment for retinopathy screening tomorrow,always a tinge of nerves with it as i may need the drops this time.I hope i get as friendly a guy as i got last year anyways,and im definetly going to ask if i can see the pictures this time.

Good luck Steff.

If you're like me, the drops make my eyes look the size of a bushbaby!:D

Many thanks
Avril:

I find it quite uncomfortable. If it is very bright I take a wide brimmed hat too and have the afternoon off work if I go in the morning. I find the drops sting like mad, but not everyone is affected in the same way. I try to avoid reading or computer work for a few hours too, just to give my eyes a chance to come back to normal.

Good luck to everyone having their eyes done. Mine is due pretty soon...

Good luck Steff. I hope it goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back