Will England Get The Bacon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
England are paying Denmark this evening (08:00pm) but will they get the bacon? A win would take them into the final 16.

Talking of bacon do you prefer red sauce or brown sauce in your bacon sandwich?

England are paying Denmark this evening (08:00pm)
If you are talking about the men's Euros, you will miss it if you wait until 8pm unless you are somewhere in Russia.
The England Vs Denmark game of the men's Euros kicked off at 5pm BST.

If you are talking about the men's Euros, you will miss it if you wait until 8pm unless you are somewhere in Russia.
The England Vs Denmark game of the men's Euros kicked off at 5pm BST.

Just caught the extra time but then turned off as cannot stand the punditry of vastly overpaid Lineker and Ferdinand! But seeing England scored early on suggests to me the usual Southgate get a one goal lead and go defensive. Time for Mr Dull to go...

Not sure about getting the bacon, but that sorry performance took the biscuit!

Not sure about getting the bacon, but that sorry performance took the biscuit!
I don’t watch the football, but I can tell how well/badly England are doing by the amount of conversation OH is having with the TV. (cue for the family to chorus 'They can’t hear you….'
There seemed to be a lot of shouting going on yesterday.

Saw her on the telly. Also saw the match and was gobsmacked when a commentator said the team orders were to be defensive so they played that way. Rest of us just kept telling them for God's sake stop keep back passing. My beloved was not complimentary about their brain power.

I don’t watch the football, but I can tell how well/badly England are doing by the amount of conversation OH is having with the TV. (cue for the family to chorus 'They can’t hear you….'
There seemed to be a lot of shouting going on yesterday.
Same here, I was watching it with one eye and reading my book. Mr Eggy was all of a sudden the world’s foremost expert on football. In all the years I’ve known him, he’s played once and doesn’t watch football unless it’s an international competition. He’s not watching it anymore he says. Hmmm….we’ll see. :rofl:

There's no need to watch Euros.
I already know who will win thanks to the world's only asparamancer.

Edit to add: for anyone slightly confused and not wanting to read the link, an asparamancer is a fortune teller who uses asparagus spears instead of tea leaves.
She must be loaded. I paid £1.99 in Aldi yesterday for about half a dozen spears! Ahh, but she’ll know the lottery winning numbers so she’ll be a multi millionaire. I bet she buys her asparagus from Waitrose. :rofl:

I have a friend in Germany and according to him the Wurst Predictor has said that Scotland will no go through to the next round, England will go through but be knocked out and Germany will go in to win with Spain as runners up. @eggyg I don't think you should mention this to Mr Eggy. Apparently Gareth Southgate will be sacked within a few days of England's return.

Edit to add: for anyone slightly confused and not wanting to read the link, an asparamancer is a fortune teller who uses asparagus spears instead of tea leaves.

But how will those predictions hold up against the venerable psychic octopus??!? Is it still in the predicting game?

Last edited:
There's no need to watch Euros.
I already know who will win thanks to the world's only asparamancer.

If she's that good how come she's not winning the Euromillions jackpot every week?

I have a friend in Germany and according to him the Wurst Predictor has said that Scotland will no go through to the next round, England will go through but be knocked out and Germany will go in to win with Spain as runners up. @eggyg I don't think you should mention this to Mr Eggy. Apparently Gareth Southgate will be sacked within a few days of England's return.
I think he’ll be glad!

Southgate needs a rocket up his rear end, so much talent on field & he hasn't a clue how to get the best from them.

Fear after group stage England will be coming home sooner rather than later.

I read yesterday that Southgate is so cautious that he wears armbands it the bath! :rofl:

England are already through by default but I suspect some of the teams already out could beat them based on their last non-performance! 🙄

I read yesterday that Southgate is so cautious that he wears armbands it the bath! :rofl:

England are already through by default but I suspect some of the teams already out could beat them based on their last non-performance! 🙄
Mikey I don’t worry about armbands but if he wore water wings I might be lol.
Really looking forward to tonight and not sure what the Slovenian delicacy is to refer to as you say with Denmark the tie up with bacon is an obvious link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back