Why No Roast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit i tend to cook and freeze meals so I have my own quick meal as necessary However I can see when you cant get out s nice meal would be ice brought in.

After eating very little all week I thought a roast dinner would be just the thing so went to Just Eat. Doing a full roast dinner for one from a wheelchair has very, very limited appeal. So I went onto Just Eat and then Deliveroo. One company that did roast dinners seems to have ceased trading. Another no longer has Sunday roasts on its menu. I couldn't be bothered with pizza, burgers or kebabs so made a cuppa and bacon sandwich with lean salt free medallions. The nation needs to get back to proper good before everyone is 300lbs! :(

P S. Same result with Deliveroo and UberEating! :rofl:

Brought up on Sunday dinners, Sundays wasn't Sunday without one.

Kept this up during family life, roast every Sunday come what may, can't beat it. Never ceases to amaze me when you see cars queuing at fast food drive thru & packed restaurants on a Sunday, maybe it's a generation thing who knows.

maybe it's a generation thing who knows.
I think it's a generation thing.
My brother (60 years old) took my parents (in their 80s) out to an Italian restaurant to celebrate Mothers Day. Months later, my Mum is still talking about having "a very nice" for Sunday lunch 😱

Brought up on Sunday dinners, Sundays wasn't Sunday without one.

Kept this up during family life, roast every Sunday come what may, can't beat it. Never ceases to amaze me when you see cars queuing at fast food drive thru & packed restaurants on a Sunday, maybe it's a generation thing who knows.
Everything closed on the Christian sabbath when I was a nipper. I’ve worked Sundays in the past. (As a student serving pub roasts.) it’s sign of the times. Caterers have to work these hours on demand for some folk. Shops are also open for business with retail. (Shift patterns. & how they happen.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back