Why does Diabetes UK ban companies from calling foods Diabetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give up I posted a few days ago. 2 -3 posts have got confused now.
My new friend started this off with me when we shared problems of shopping .
I know we are all different - me more than most.
I'm going over to MyDesmond for awhile where its type 2 only and a little less confusing. Byee and thanks to those whove given much help over the 2 years

My MP was interested in sugar content being in with the carb count on the FRONT of items.
I suspect he meant carb content being in with the sugar content - which is already on the front.
Obviously this post has hit a soft spot and some misunderstandings in the diabetes world
I would politely tease that those of us with diabetes aren't the ones generally misunderstanding. Pretty well anyone with D and trying to do a fair job about managing their D need to know that it is carbs which break down to end up as part of our blood glucose - not just sugars. From that a certain amount of help on the carb content of any individual food item is going to be appreciated and better in large lettering on the front rather than mini-print on the back. I don't think a traffic light system is beneficial - but perhaps I'm in a minority on that and perhaps any T2 would be grateful for any single item, or pack contents, to see green for less than 10%, orange for less than 15%, otherwise red. If its on the front in big letters then it would get that MP my vote.

I'll give up I posted a few days ago. 2 -3 posts have got confused now.
My new friend started this off with me when we shared problems of shopping .
I know we are all different - me more than most.
I'm going over to MyDesmond for awhile where its type 2 only and a little less confusing. Byee and thanks to those whove given much help over the 2 years
Sorry you feel this way on behalf of your friend. With regards to Wiltshire farm foods. There maybe a way round this?
Any diabetic “treat.” With the best intention. Not the best option from experience.

Wishing you & your friends well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back